Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

Let me know how you get on please, my SM arrives next week and I am going to DIY fit the tow bar etc and I will need the thing coding--I wouldn't mind some of the extras as well!

How will you know how to do it, yetiscot? Or will it be trial and error?

Chris

Loving the needle sweep, i would love that on my new Octavia. This may be a stupid question but can Skoda tell the changes have been done and does it effect the warranty?

Loving the needle sweep, i would love that on my new Octavia. This may be a stupid question but can Skoda tell the changes have been done and does it effect the warranty?

Some of the coding changes can be seen pretty easily as things will be activated, however anything that the dealer can code could of been done by any dealer.

If you screw something up with the coding and are unable to put it right then don't expect the warranty to cover it, anything else will be fine.

Some of the coding changes can be seen pretty easily as things will be activated, however anything that the dealer can code could of been done by any dealer.

If you screw something up with the coding and are unable to put it right then don't expect the warranty to cover it, anything else will be fine.

Which is why I'm happy for you to work on my car Martin. You do a test first and copy the file, then do the changes and again copy the file both of which you gave to me. So I have total confidence in what you're doing won't mess things up big time. So if at all possible only let your car be touched by an experienced VCDS operator. For ease of mind.

As to dealer noticing: if they don't notice the needle sweep they must be blind!!! :giggle:

I do everything possible to safeguard what I am about to change ..... just in case.

(Fortunately I have never needed to revert back to the original coding on someone else's car, as if in doubt I always try to change things on my own car 1st)

So if at all possible only let your car be touched by an experienced VCDS operator. For ease of mind

This is IMO the most important bit, it's catch 22 I know but anyone can own a VCDS cable, whereas not every owner will understand and know what they are doing.

• Like 1

"This is IMO the most important bit, it's catch 22 I know but anyone can own a VCDS cable, whereas not every owner will understand and know what they are doing. "

That's exactly why I haven't bought one! :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

you'll not get much of a response in here since the number of VCDS owners who happen to have a yeti and look in here will be quite small, the number who happen to be in Newcastle will be smaller still :giggle:

If you are ever in the Edinburgh area I'm happy to help otherwise you might find someone in the VCDS forum :thumbup:

Hi domhnall - are you still in Edinburgh area and able to help with VCDS?

Green2

Hi, Green2, sorry I've not been on much after a telling off from the mods. Still in the Edinburgh area and happy to help

Edited by domhnall

• 2 weeks later...

glad I found this page, I have just made all these changes to my new Yeti, especially liking the big speedo display http://ww1.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Hi mate, trying to contact you via PM but says you ain't accepting PM's, please contact me regarding VCDS changes.

G

• 1 year later...
On 11/03/2015 at 21:27, domhnall said:

Hi, Green2, sorry I've not been on much after a telling off from the mods. Still in the Edinburgh area and happy to help

Hi - just come back to this thread. I sent a PM but it doesn't look like it got through.

Can you PM me or is there a better way to contact you?

Edited by mattlittle
Can't spell

26 minutes ago, grajay said:

Did it on mine last month - worked a treat once I found the helpful post that explained how to go on from having got the setting changed to Australia.

So you were able to change to Australia on a new Yeti and then go through setting the correct settings for mpg, etc?