Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

12 minutes ago, mattlittle said:

So you were able to change to Australia on a new Yeti and then go through setting the correct settings for mpg, etc?

I changed it on my brand new Monte Carlo the other week too. Took a bit of figuring out to get the display sorted by going through the maxidot menus but got it working:

In MaxiDot:

Units
"
Consu/distance"

Change to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

"MFD data"

Tick box for Digit.speed

"ALT.speed dis."

Untick box (this will remove the KPH speed  and replace it with the outside temp display)

• Like 1

Yup, my Yeti ordered in September and took delivery at the end of November 2016 and had the setting changed last month when I had front parking sensors fitted.  The guy who did the sensors didn't know how to do the large mph display, but he set the car as Australia on his VCDS, and I sorted it out when I got home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grajay said:

Yup, my Yeti ordered in September and took delivery at the end of November 2016 and had the setting changed last month when I had front parking sensors fitted.  The guy who did the sensors didn't know how to do the large mph display, but he set the car as Australia on his VCDS, and I sorted it out when I got home.

Cheers. Trying to get someone with VCDS to give me a hand and I'll give it a go. 

• 4 months later...

Has anyone managed to get the comfort lane change blinks from 3 to 5 on a MY16 Yeti?  Changes are taken but it stays as 3 flashes, even if I factory reset the lighting menu on the MFD.

Same occurs for front tear wipe.

as I recall you need to reset the whole system to factory default for it to be taken, a bit ball aching but it worked for me!  -  don't know about tear wipe but surely that's controlled by the slide switch on a steering column stalk

Edited by Frenchtone

10 hours ago, planehazza said:

Has anyone managed to get the comfort lane change blinks from 3 to 5 on a MY16 Yeti?  Changes are taken but it stays as 3 flashes, even if I factory reset the lighting menu on the MFD.

I changed from 3 to 4 using Carista.  Had to factory reset the whole MFD, but it worked thereafter.

5 minutes ago, Zib said:

I changed from 3 to 4 using Carista.  Had to factory reset the whole MFD, but it worked thereafter.

Yeah I did that on mine before I bought VCDS. I'll ask him to do a full reset of the MFD, see if it helps.