Oil change for 6 speed Manual Gearbox

Hi, I've searched the forums for the answer to this but to no avail. Can anyone tell me if the oil in a 6 speed manual gearbox is changed as part of any service by the main dealers. If not can I request it to be changed and at what mileage should it be done at. My car is a 2.0 PD TDI L&K.

Hi, I've searched the forums for the answer to this but to no avail. Can anyone tell me if the oil in a 6 speed manual gearbox is changed as part of any service by the main dealers. If not can I request it to be changed and at what mileage should it be done at. My car is a 2.0 PD TDI L&K.

As far as I know, the manual 'box is sealed for life and does not need any oil changes unlike the DSG which requires an oil and filter every 60k km (40k miles).

Hi thurian, thanks for your reply, I only ask as whilst searching, I came across a couple of posts where people had had their (manual) gearbox oil changed and it improved changing gear etc. I just thought if it can be changed, perhaps as mine is now due for a service and at nearly 83K, that I could get it changed. Perhaps I'll ask the dealer. :S

I asked for my Scout on last service to change the 6 speed gearbox oil and the guy said no problem but I should of told him before because it takes 3-4 weeks for it to arrive as they don't stock it. He did not say it's sealed for life. Left it for this years service.