The new logo (from 2012)

Not sure about it. Looks very sterile and clinical to me. The new concept design looks like a cross between an octavia and an old shape mondeo hatch. I hope they're not trying to be 'upmarket' or 'main stream'.

Not sure about it. Looks very sterile and clinical to me. The new concept design looks like a cross between an octavia and an old shape mondeo hatch. I hope they're not trying to be 'upmarket' or 'main stream'.

New model every 6 months from next year to provide a full range of vehicles and target to double sales by 2015. Sounds pretty main stream to me just hope the products can be different form the Ford, Vauxhall and VW offerings and prices remain on the value side.

Cheers

Lee

New model every 6 months from next year to provide a full range of vehicles and target to double sales by 2015. Sounds pretty main stream to me just hope the products can be different form the Ford, Vauxhall and VW offerings and prices remain on the value side.

Cheers

Lee

I hope they do a seven seat yeti or big foot so the wife can get in on the skoda bug.

I like the fact they still have the potential to surprise people with the quality and value for money. I'm just afraid vw are realising people are turning away from the vw range and over to skoda so they might start taking away the skoda edge of individuality and value to keep their numbers up. Don't get me wrong i'm all for skoda going from strength to strength but not at the (pardon the pun) expense of upping their costs.

It's already happening. VW bosses have been reported to be 'furious' with Skoda for topping out as a JD Power top manufacturer and reliability star. And for getting so many car of the year awards. VW have reportedly told Skoda to 'dumb' down the Skoda range and take out air con and the decent radio/cd players etc etc as standard fitments in the lower and mid range cars. You will have to pay extra for them in future. They have also indicated the want Skoda to be as unreliable as VW's!!! instead of being THE brand to buy if you want reliability and durability. We're doomed, doomed I say! :giggle:

@Estate Man

It's already happening mate. For years the "second model" in of the Fabia range came with front fog lights as standard.

In the case of the first generation Fabias the Comfort came with front fogs (the basic Classic didn't).

Then the next generation Fabias came out in 2007 and the Fabia 2 models came armed with front fogs . . . the Fabia 1's didn't.

Wind the clock forward to the present day. In the case of the new face-lifted model (introduced in 2007) you have to go up to the THIRD spec in the range to get those elusive front fogs as standard! (The S" and "SE" models don't have them").

Could this be the first of many VW cutbacks aimed at Skoda perhaps . . . . . . ?

p.s. The new Skoda logo - hit or miss? Hit - I'm a definite fan :thumbup: