Amundsen - Does this include Phone Preparation?

I ordered my Fabia vRS on January 18th and as you can imagine im counting down the days till my green machine arrives. I have specked the car with the Amundsen sat nav system and when I enquired about the GSM II Phone prep I was informed by my dealer that I would not need this as it came as part of the package with the Sat Nav. Accordingly I also specked the multi fuction sport wheel with phone buttons. Flicking through the brochure over and over again led me to call the dealer soon after putting the deposit down as I was still uncertain, once again I was told my car would arrive ready for my phone. Can anyone confirm that this will be the case or am I going to hit the cealing when my car arrives.

Cheers.

I have the sat nav, and it does not connect to the phone (other than via the MDI lead).

You need to specify the phone/bluetooth prep as well. It sounds like you have done this already though. I think the phone/bluetooth was a £ 150 option or something.

Hope this helps.

I have the sat nav, and it does not connect to the phone (other than via the MDI lead).

You need to specify the phone/bluetooth prep as well. It sounds like you have done this already though. I think the phone/bluetooth was a £ 150 option or something.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bullyboy,

I would have specked the Phone prep as well and wasn't worried about parting with the extra cash but my dealer told me I wouldn't need to. Does the phone work when connected via the MDI. If this is the case then I don't have a problem with plugging it in everytime as ill be using it for music anyway :p. If not i'll need to call the garage in the morning to see what can be done.

Have not tried to use the phone when plugged into the mdi as only got the lead tonight ( was missing with the car). But while I was trying the music on my iPhone it received emails however the lead is short so you could not pick it up whilst driving. I guess longer mdi leads can be specified but the bone they sent me was short.

Cant say much more than this at the moment sorry to say other than the integration for music through the Amundsen unit is excellent.

It's good to know that at least the music is working well. The dealer kept assuring me that it was in the small print that he had and couldn't be found in any brochure. As you can imagine I wont be happy if the garage have to start taking bits apart when it arrives to correct the 'problem'.

I think that you should order the bluetooth/phone prep option to be safe.

I would not rely on a 'long' Mdi lead in regard to the phone, I think with the phone prep you will at least have the option on how you want to use the system, if lead, or bluetooth.

Sorry I cant be more helpful (but appears nor can others on this particular subject)

Amundsen is just a Satnav. To get bluetooth you need to order it separately + also upgrade steering wheel if you want to use it to make/recieve calls.

Don't think I would bother with what the dealer is offering -its pretty outrageous what they told you!

I didn't bother with ordering the phoneprep -I have a Parrot minikit which just clips onto the sun visor. Battery lasts for an eternity, is fully voice-activated and best of all only £50 :yes:

Thanks for the replies guys,

Spoke to my dealer yesturday and it turns out that he was popping the GSM II phone prep in on the house on top of the sat nav and MFSW. Further sweetening the deal ;) . Read off my factory order over the phone to put my mind at rest. Also had my build date locked in for the week after next. Should recieve the car 1st or 2nd week in April. Can't wait!! :)

Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys,

Spoke to my dealer yesturday and it turns out that he was popping the GSM II phone prep in on the house on top of the sat nav and MFSW. Further sweetening the deal ;) . Read off my factory order over the phone to put my mind at rest. Also had my build date locked in for the week after next. Should recieve the car 1st or 2nd week in April. Can't wait!! :)

Cheers

So to clarify; you got the skoda uk 20% off and the dealer threw in the BT for free? Was that the extent of the deal and what were the other sweetners you mention? Thanks :)

So to clarify; you got the skoda uk 20% off and the dealer threw in the BT for free? Was that the extent of the deal and what were the other sweetners you mention? Thanks :)

Yes the total discount I got was the 20% off plus the GSM II phone prep for free. Would have felt very cheeky pushing for more. Being built next week. Specked the car in Rallye Green with, Dark Chrome Alloys, Black roof, Climate control, Amundsen Sat nav, MFSW with phone buttons, Electric rear windows and glasses storage. Not long to go now :)

Yes the total discount I got was the 20% off plus the GSM II phone prep for free. Would have felt very cheeky pushing for more. Being built next week. Specked the car in Rallye Green with, Dark Chrome Alloys, Black roof, Climate control, Amundsen Sat nav, MFSW with phone buttons, Electric rear windows and glasses storage. Not long to go now :)

Does the amundsen include Maxi-dot trip computer as the website says Amundsen' satellite navigation system and Maxi-dot, do i have to speck both?

Edited by tony2311

Tony VRS has maxidot as standard and enhances the sat nav as displays some information in the maxidot when in sat nav mode.

If you are ordering a lower model that does not have maxidot you should pay for it as an option as there is another thread with everyone agreeing that a maxidot is a must have on the fabia.

Hope this helps.