Question about interior lights. (LED)

Hello all,

I want to upgrade my interior lighting to LED I believe it's 501 bulbs for reading lights and a festoon for the main lights.

My main question is does the dimming of the lights still work ok? I like the fact that they get brighter when you open the door and vice versa when they time out.

I ask as years ago I got some LED replacement bulbs for the interior lights on a Vectra and they dimmed but not very well.

Many thanks

BIG Nick :)

I bought all mine from superskoda. No probs at all & they do fade out, yes.

Excellent!

Just to clarify whats the size of the festoon bulb?

Many Thanks

Excellent!

Just to clarify whats the size of the festoon bulb?

Many Thanks

Not entirely sure re size, the festoon holders bend slightly anyway, so I think either 36 or 38mm, but these are definitely correct.

They look like this:

led-dome3.jpg

led-dome2.jpg

Edited by skodaphile

Guys,

How easy is it to get into this internal lights and change them?

I'm thinking of ordering a couple of these:

http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octavia-ii/skoda-octavia-ii-interior-led-dome-light

In preperation for the arivial of my new vRS.

Is it all clips or is it a screwdriver job?

Cheers.

Quick 1 minute job... use a small screw driver to pull the plastic screen off...

• 4 years later...

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here.

I've just fitted LED bulbs to the interior of my 2012 Octavia VRS. When I unlock the car they come on but when I get in and close the door they stay on. I've checked the overhead switch is in the correct position. Am I missing something?

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here.

I've just fitted LED bulbs to the interior of my 2012 Octavia VRS. When I unlock the car they come on but when I get in and close the door they stay on. I've checked the overhead switch is in the correct position. Am I missing something?

you have either to start the car or wait for some seconds for theme to fade out Edited by gargi