Just wondering...missing SKC when supplied car from Skoda?

Didnt get supplied the SKC tab when I bought car as an approved used (nearly new) purchase a few months ago.

Although we did get both keys but obviously want the SKC too, as Ive occasionally needed it in the past.

So I've emailed the dealer Skoda Cambridge, Skoda CS and the first owner (Europcar for about 10,000 miles) - didnt realise that til we got the car home so was a bit of a surprise when we bought it!

Might not have if Id realised.

Not a bad car though although a few disappointments like this (including the car not being ready when it was supposed to)

I will be VERY surprised if I get any response, if Im honest but Im just hoping I may get a response from Europcar perhaps.

If this doesn't work does anyone know if vag-tacho would work to reveal this from the car on such a late model 2009?

How the hell can people lose the master key details on a car only a year old !

With my experience of Skoda customer service I seriously may look at another model when I ever have to change my own car (vRS) god forbid in future

Edited by dominorising

The eBay copies of VAG Commander will not read this dash. New, up to date legit versions might, I use a different tool for Fabia IIs although I don't read them that often.

By SKC tab do you mean the little black tag attached to the keys which comes with the car from new?

If so I seriously would not worry about it. Your dealer would be able to get the necessary info to get a new key made if you ever required it. I'm sure any new keys have to be ordered and supplied by Skoda CZ in any case.

I'm sure any new keys have to be ordered and supplied by Skoda CZ in any case.

Providing you don't mind paying around £160 per key!

There are much cheaper way's of doing it!

Providing you don't mind paying around £160 per key!

There are much cheaper way's of doing it!

You'd have to be pretty **** out of luck to end up with two lost/broken keys anyway. Be interested to know how you can get it done cheaper.

Be interested to know how you can get it done cheaper.

2nd hand key from eBay - there a lot of 'new' keys out there that are unused, (company car owners 2nd key)

Brand new transponder and blank key blade from Hickleys.com

SKC from someone like Shark etc

Key coding can then be performed by anyone with VCDS

I did SWMBO's MK5 Golf this way for under £50 (I did my own VCDS coding), but if you cannot do this for under £100 (for a brand new key/remote) then you are doing something wrong :thumbup:.

Im ok now, Im unlikely to need the SKC unless an immo chip breaks or she loses a key !

The reason I asked is Im actually am fitting RClick to the car and very, very carefully destroyed my "spare" key and managed to get the immo out surprisingly as I expected to break it!

I have managed to get the key and immo into an "RClick" key fob, all I have to do now is fit the electrics, mostly worked out except for total closure and boot release. I'll do a write up if I complete it (it should work like Skoda's BKA700003 except I have a proper flip key)

The key is easy to get recut and is the easiest part of the problem.

They aren't the same size/shape in the new basic plastic keys and have a bit of plastic in the centre if anyone is interested to repeat this themselves, its not straightforward and you'd be better to just get one recut on ebay for about £10, but I managed to shape it to fit into the flip fob with an angle grinder !

Its not difficult to fabricate your own key with the right keysmith, and an immobiliser chip, and in fact I have done it with a bit of help.

Its absolutely piece of **** to do the key, and cheap - about 1/10 of what the dealer want !

Indeed that was a route I took when I lost a key on my current vrs which indeed, Shark helped with that particular car ( confirmed how to recode the key and confirmed my SKC which in that case I already had, I just wasn't coding the car correctly as I was looking in the wrong module and Shark did it for me in that case !)