Cheap Wetsuits

MartynVRS

Need a cheap one to go kayaking. Went round my local surfie shops and nearly had a heart attack. Everything was well over £100 and the brand name ones were about £250. Had my last one in Tesco summer time but they don't stock them until then. Just got one from Amazon and it's massive on me and I'm not small (6'1, 15st) so I'm sending it back Monday.

Anyone know of a good place to buy a cheap wetsuit? Less than £50 preferably.

Aldi and Lidl will sell them on occasion (like just about everything else) it's pot luck if they'll come round when you need them.

I think they were about £30 the last time

If you Google they seem to appear June/July every year.

'The Range' were doing wetsuits last summer, I'm sure as its warming up they'll appear there soon. I'm hoping so, they did long john suits for about £35 last year, kicking myself for not getting one as I've just reclaimed my kayak from the old man.

The wife and I have bought a few wetsuits from Decathlon in the past that were pretty decent and affordable. I also recently sold an unworn suit on ebay, so that might be a decent place to check as well.

It's getting towards the end of the winter season, so you'll be able to pick up thicker ones from the surf shops and maybe even some of last years shorties if you're after that.

That's what I'm hoping for.

• 3 months later...

Need a cheap one to go kayaking. Went round my local surfie shops and nearly had a heart attack. Everything was well over £100 and the brand name ones were about £250. Had my last one in Tesco summer time but they don't stock them until then. Just got one from Amazon and it's massive on me and I'm not small (6'1, 15st) so I'm sending it back Monday.

Anyone know of a good place to buy a cheap wetsuit? Less than £50 preferably.

Hi Martyn, my local Aldi are selling them cheap at the moment, if you have aldi locally it could be worth a look.

What kayak do you have, mine is Ocean Prowler sot.

Gerry