Bit of Yeti history for sale

The Plumber

Just come across one of the original press launch day cars on the SUK site and obviously one of the first UK cars to be built.

Then

Now

My link

Asking to much as usual but a piece of history non the less.

oh forgot to say that in that time it's lost it's side rubbing strips :wonder:

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Really very peculiar that the side rubbing strips are gone?! Why you'd wonder? It being a solid colour I guess it had a fair bit of stone chipping on the rear doors and that these had to be resprayed but why spray the front ones too? AND not fitting the strips back? I'd avoid such an early car.

I love seeing these 'pieces of history'.

Still on the look out for the Top Gear Magazine 'Family Car of the Year' Aqua Blue 4x4 Elegance that went up Pike's Peak in the USA. As well as Jeremy's dark blue'Helipad'.

I bet that one fetches a good price.

As for early cars being avoided, I disagree. My Yeti was registered on the day before launch and is an absolute gem. Looks and drives as good today as it did 18 months ago.

The one for sale at the car people belonged to me I traded it in last week for a BMW. I had the car for 8 months but could no longer justify the amount of fuel it was using. Maybe in the future I will have a Yeti again but next time go for a CR170? Having a Yeti is a safe place to keep your money as in the 8 months of ownership I hardly lost anything!