door strip

If it's colour coded it'll need painted obviously...other than that I would just yank the old one off, and bond the new one on if you break any fixings! A bit pikey I know, but saves disturbing any interior trim. You might get lucky and find one in a breakers, otherwise it'll be a stealer part. :yes:

Assuming things haven't changed the side strips just glue on with an adhesive strip. This is the case on my Scout that I have just had both doors repainted. So no clips but not sure what it does to the paintwork when you pull them off.

Pulled one off (so to speak lol) the other day on mine as got a few dents to sort out and doesn't damage the door paint (might be worth warming the glue with a hair drier/heat gun just to be sure it wont damage).

I will be buying a new one to replace as trying to get double sided tape as good as the original stuff is a nightmare and don't fancy it dropping off in a few months so as i will have the paint out anyway then just get a painted the same time.

Sorry not sure of price at the moment though as haven't checked. Wouldnt mind knowing if anyone does check please. Cheers

Pulled one off (so to speak lol) the other day on mine as got a few dents to sort out and doesn't damage the door paint (might be worth warming the glue with a hair drier/heat gun just to be sure it wont damage).

I will be buying a new one to replace as trying to get double sided tape as good as the original stuff is a nightmare and don't fancy it dropping off in a few months so as i will have the paint out anyway then just get a painted the same time.

Sorry not sure of price at the moment though as haven't checked. Wouldnt mind knowing if anyone does check please. Cheers

Neat, thanks. My door is okay, just the strip got "disfigured". I assume the adhesive on the originals might be similar to the strips I found on my door sill trims that I recently added. A sort of high quality, thick, double sided tape.

Stuff called Tiger Seal is fantastic for this-better than any double sided tape, yet remains very slightly flexible to allow for expansion/contraction. Might be trade only though, try a motor factors?

Cheers nice to know, i will have a look for that stuff as always useful to have about.

Just google'd it and made by UPol (good quality car laquers and thinners etc. which my mate uses in his bodywork business and raves about) and is available from numerous places and not just trade (will see how much cheaper it on trade though lol).

Edited by dainott

You can get tiger seal from partco / unipart group, the stuff will even stick on body kits and spoilers. I sold loads of it when i worked for partco to trade and publuc. As for using it on the door trim i think that would be a bad idea, as the edges of the tape is painted the same colour as the car it's on. Look for 3m doulble sided tape they do one for that type of job.

• 2 years later...