Rear door not opening .... at all!

aldo

My back door has been tempremental since i bought the car, when you unlock the car via the key fob the back door wouldnt open straight away. If you applied a little pressure against the door handle it would click then open and operate as normal.

Now its just not opening, Ive had it stripped down today but im no further forward. All the cable connections etc are complete, the mechanism just wont open the door!

HELP!!!

Hi. Had this problem with all four doors.

This is how you sort it:

No disembling needed.

Pull the handle in the open position and hold it open.

There's a clip inside the handle attached to a wire. You can see it when the handle is open.

It's adjustable and needs to go back a few notches towards the car.

Get a small flat screwdriver and prise the clip back a few notches until the handle catches the lock and opens door.

It's important that you prise the clip towards the car and not back.

Edited by Fabla

^^^^

Fantastic! Thats it sorted!

Although now I have to build all the interior back up, renew the rivets i drilled and reseal the second door skin lol Thanks again!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi - am I being dumb? Cant see a cable!!?? Any chance of the old pic back up so I can see what to do?

Hi - am I being dumb? Cant see a cable!!?? Any chance of the old pic back up so I can see what to do?

The cable would need to be in clipped from the interior door handle before you could fully remove the door card.