Lexus Style Rear Lights For Octavia

Turbo_Boss

I think its plastic! I followed a Passat today and the rear lights do look bigger , so youd need to mod 'the hole' before you could fit them. I'm surprised that no-one makes proper 'bling bling' lexus rear clusters for the Octy , as it seems you can get them for any other make of car , so maybe they just dont think Octavia owners like their cars enuf to mod em?

PS 4 days and counting...

Originally posted by delcac in this post

Why on earth would you want to change the rear lights to a Passats, next you'll be sticking Audi RS badges on.

:D

Talk about degarding your vRS.

Des you could go the whole degrading way and put a 325i / M3 badge on it.:D

Cheers

All this talk of a straight fit on the passat clusters onto an Octy......even if it did fit, i think some ppl are missing one small difference - the actual bulbs are laid out differently.

On my Octy, its red light, indicator, reverse, red light, they're stacked vertically.

On the passat (and i've got one on my drive every night, so i know what i'm on about here) its red light, indicator and reverse horizontally aligned (side by side) then red light.

(and a bit of triva - the passat clusters are used on the Invicta S1, mounted horizontally rather than vertically)

So even if the clusters fit, there would be some fiddling with the lighting boxes required.

Or are you talking about replacing the whole things?

I find changing bulb front and rear to be a complete pain the the nether regions. why you;d want to make life harder still is beyond me.......

I had the bulb assembly out last night to remove a faulty brake light bulb which a friend had waned me about (funny, I thought there was supposed to be a dashboard warning for faulty lights).

The whole thing looks very simple. The bulbs are mounted on a rack that clips onto the plastic lamp covers, and the wiring all goes into a single set of contacts. From this I surmise that the wiring ought to be pretty simple to sort out, as the Passat is likely to have a similar arrangement (albeit perhaps with different bulb wattages).

The difficult part I guess will be physically fitting the lamp covers. i'd be very surprised if they are a straight swap...

(funny, I thought there was supposed to be a dashboard warning for faulty lights).

The RS does not have that feature. What was your expecting for what you pay? :D

MY L&K have it :mw:

why you want to make life harder still is beyond me.......

Today, I ask myself the same question...........But nothing is life harder than been married :argue:

I think this mod is a piece of cake:D The only thing, I have to find is how much are does Passat rear lamps.....Here in my country they will be very expensive because the VW dealer is a THIEF!

• 2 weeks later...

Another brand new member, and from Sweden too. Welcome to Briskoda, Onbound! Can you post a link to the article, and provide a translation as well? :D

Denis, I think you should win the award for the most 'first welcomes'. I know whenever I see a 'number of posts: 1' I will see the eagle just below.

Does that make you a 'greeter' in an Asda stylee??

;) ;)

Howard

Oh, sorry, welcome to Briskoda, Onbound!!

Does that make you a 'greeter' in an Asda stylee??

He certainly has the age for it ;)

And ofcourse another warm welcome to the Swedish hardcore posse :D

Originally posted by fen_l&k in this post

Denis, I think you should win the award for the most 'first welcomes'.

Just being the warm, friendly, outgoing sort of person my friends know me to be, unlike some of the rottweilers on Briskoda who surf anonymously looking for unsuspecting victims to pounce on......eek.gif

Originally posted by Disco@Impreziv in this post

Our local Asda greeter is a 4 foot tall/small old bat with a voice like Frank Spencer, Jon says the similarity is scary;)

Now now he's not 4 foot tall. :D

• 1 year later...