Lexus Style Rear Lights For Octavia

Turbo_Boss

Originally posted by Turbo_Boss in this post

Are you sure this lights are from the Passat????. I know they look similar to the passat.

Yep they are Passat lights, Lexus has only one red circle, where as the Passat has 2.

They look like a straight fit :( wouldn't stake my life on it tho' ;)

Why not go to your local VW dealer and park next to a Passat and have a look :D

I will have a look next weekend if i remember.

And where would sir like it moved to, especially as we don't have a "Doing my Octavia up like a dog's dinner" Forum :D

PS That comment was written with my "user" hat on rather than my "Moderator" one.

They could be slightly to large, look at the gap between the top/bottom red lights, on the octavia the gap looks slightly smaller. Also the octy seems to have a reflector along the bottom of the light, on the passat the reflector seems much bigger. So I think they are passat look a likes.

Originally posted by TaviaRS in this post

And where would sir like it moved to, especially as we don't have a "Doing my Octavia up like a dog's dinner" Forum :D

What, don't you like the tasteful rear bumper with quad exhausts?

Jon, if you want a second opinion (and if you don't you are going to get one anyway) this thread belongs in the Lounge. :)

BTW, consider yourself 'ticked off' by Des.

I like the Passat-ish lamp cluster but not to sure about the exhaust pipes. Must be fakes as I don't think it's physically possible to do.

Unless of course the spare whell well was removed and the tow eye repositioned.

Neighbour opposite me has a MK1 Golf with twin pipes exiting the centre of the rear slam panel; cgo figure the pipe bending for that!:eek:

I've been looking at that pic again and have spotted that the small panel below the tail light has been removed, so that could give enough space to put the passat one in.

Originally posted by mannyo in this post

I've been looking at that pic again and have spotted that the small panel below the tail light has been removed, so that could give enough space to put the passat one in.

i think your right with that... will pull my car to bits and find out...

Keep everyone posted on your dismantling Paul.;)

Must admit as much as I like the Passat cluster don't think I can then past SWMBO; a remap she can't see and the exhaust is not something a non-petrolhead would look at.

After this round of mods , brakes are next on my adgenda well, brakes pads anyway.

Originally posted by mannyo in this post

Hey Manny, its look like you have done your homework:)

As soon as I read your post I went to see my car and its true.

Its look like he cut in half the small panel below the tail light bacause you can see a small rectagular part there.

:cheers:

Isaac