Fabia Monte Carlo

It does. I'd be more tempted by a 1.6cr or 1.2tsi manual Monte more than a vRS.

If only they did the 2.0cr monte :(

Good idea. I'm guessing you're thinking along the lines of 140 bhp Ibiza FR equivalent, a car i quite like but hate the Spartan interior and too high price.

Edited by Didescharlie

Sorry Mike but I disagree. The vRS would need alot more than just XDS to tame the extra power; the chassis on the vRS I am certain is a fair bit more heavily breathed on than the standard car with sports suspension. It's like me saying the suspension on my MK6 Golf GT (which is "sports suspension") is the same as that on a Golf GTi. I know it isnt and I know which of the two cars handles better.

Also the vRS will have considerably more powerful brakes. Appreciate the seats are very much the same though.

I'm quite willing to be proved wrong, but the chassis won't be that much different. Firmer and lower springs, better damping rates and thicker roll bars. Oh, and 25kg of ballast at the rear in the hatch.

It's a very good point that different engines will have different nose weights, and of course the Monte doesn't have the 25kg ballast (AFAIK), so the setup may well be a little different. Quite possibly there will be Sports springs in 3 different weights; vRS, TSI/HTP and CR TDI, with dampers to match.

vRS brakes are indeed more powerful, and disks all-round, as you would expect. The TSI Monte I saw had the exact same brake setup as my Elegance.

We're all guessing about this unless anyone can tell us exactly what "Sports suspension" means for each car.

Looking good mate :) Are you transferring the plate from the black'un?

Thanks matey, will put one of my plates on it but first of all I am going to advertise the current 11 plate. It spells a name and so have had it valued today. Regtransfers have speculated that they will market the plate and look to return £1500 net to me following a successful sale. When I did the deal, I was asked to choose a registration number from their list and this one jumped out at me. I got the salesman to put my name against it on saturday morning. Just need a logbook now so I can market the number!!

Kaz looked at me daft when I said about the plate, but is now rubbing her hands together after reading the valuation email.

Looks so nice and the red combo seats really suit the car :thumbup:

Could you please let us know if the fender flares could be placed on an MkII Sport like the one you have in your photo stream? I got almost the same and I wonder in case I manage to buy the fender kit if I will run into any fitting issues. (most probably with the front)

Any pics of the flares where they join the front and rear spoiler would be very much appreciated - if it is too much trouble no worries.

Enjoy the Furby ahhh the smell of a new car is so nice :yes:

Hi, will have a look tomorrow. I reckon the kit will fit on the wheel arches, however, the rear diffuser is a different shape(full width) on the monte whereas yours(if its the same as my old sport) is the same as the VRS save for you having a removeable hatch for a towbar. This difference may not give a smooth finish of the rear arch into the bumper.

As for the front, your bumper is totally different and includes a seperate front valance/spoiler. I will take some pics tomorrow and post the links up for you :thumbup:

It does. I'd be more tempted by a 1.6cr or 1.2tsi manual Monte more than a vRS.

If only they did the 2.0cr monte :(

I would be happy with a twin charger 1.4 (aka VRS) engined Monte with a manual box!!

Picked the Monte up 9am this morning. Well chuffed with it and it's great being back in a Skud after 18mnths. Having trouble posting pics for those who want to see. Here are some link addresses though.

Monte1

Monte2

DSC00589

like that, i thought it was a vrs at first, like the smoked headlights and the black and red theme looks good do u have the petrol or diesel :thumbup:

like that, i thought it was a vrs at first, like the smoked headlights and the black and red theme looks good do u have the petrol or diesel :thumbup:

Hi, thanks, I went for the petrol as the dealer had pre-ordered this for the showroom. I did have the option to wait for a diesel so I test drove a 1.6cr 105ps fabia but preferred the petrol :thumbup:

do you have the 1.2tsi 85 or 105, whats the mpg like :thumbup:, when did these come out not really seen one on the road yet. might have a pop down to the dealership and have a look in one :thumbup:

Edited by vrsadz

do you have the 1.2tsi 85 or 105, whats the mpg like :thumbup:, when did these come out not really seen one on the road yet. might have a pop down to the dealership and have a look in one :thumbup:

Hi, its the 1.2tsi 105ps model. Mpg seems good so far although I have only done 100 miles total of local driving around town etc and the average mpg figure is showing 39mpg. The car is yet to do a long journey so time will tell what the real figures will be.

This car arrived at the dealership a fortnight ago so it's still early days for spotting them out and about on the roads :thumbup:

Just viewed them. :) Thanks once again, they answer many things. ;)

No problem, I think the only problem you would have would be blending the front arch into your front spoiler.

Good luck if you go for it :thumbup:

No problem, I think the only problem you would have would be blending the front arch into your front spoiler.

Good luck if you go for it :thumbup:

True about the front. :| Will keep you posted if the project goes ahead. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

True about the front. :| Will keep you posted if the project goes ahead. :thumbup:

Hi I am just looking into purchasing a Fabia MKII sport & I too am interested in putting the Monte Carlo trim on the standard sport. How did you project, when you attempted it?

Thanks for your time

Olly

Hi I am just looking into purchasing a Fabia MKII sport & I too am interested in putting the Monte Carlo trim on the standard sport. How did you project, when you attempted it?

Thanks for your time

Olly

Hello Olly - if I tempt it I will let you know what I find.

Went in to my local dealership today to have a look at a Fabia "monte carlo" they have a red one in (customer order) and i must say the pictures dont do it justice , looks really smart with all the piano black trim / wheels / roof ect very nice looking motor B) was suprised that its available in 6 x colours too

Just a bit pricey £15k for a 1.6 tdi c/r 105ps dpf , anyone on here got one yet ?

Yeah, Im in Stockton & have a red Monte!!