Tar remover...

Please use Tardis for crying out loud!

If you value your car then do it properly - if you're not too bothered with what you're doing, then just horse on with some of the crackpot replies on this thread. Your call....

I have just recently done this to my facelift octavia and found to kill two birds with one stone by using super resin polish by autoglym. I do have the tar remopver but decided to try the polish instead. Worked a treat and saved me polishing the car at the same time. I use this stuff when I am valeting other peoples cars :)

Use the autoglym sealer to lock polish in, plus makes it harder to tar to grab aswell.

Edited by MRFIXIT

What's crackpot about using white spirit or another gentle solvent? Used white spirit since the mid 1960's and never damaged the car paint. Tardis is an expensive branded blend of white spirit and xylene.

What's crackpot about using white spirit or another gentle solvent? Used white spirit since the mid 1960's and never damaged the car paint. Tardis is an expensive branded blend of white spirit and xylene.

I would be inclined to stay away from using that as i'm not sure on the long term effects but from experience using what i said previously does bring out fantastic results. ;)