Skip to content

Bolero problems

Featured Replies

Our BOLERO system seems to randomly play up then resolve itself.

It randomly changes stations without our intervention.

It occasionally refuses to change station and has on one occasion refused to switch off.

Generally fixes itself for a while then off we go again.

Reluctant to raise with dealer as don't particularly like the idea of a reconditioned

replacement which might be older than our 6 month old one and also play up if it

hasn't been fixed properly. Also what sort of care has it had during prior use??.

I assume they will not replace it with new ones. Anyone had a replacement and was it OK??

Our BOLERO system seems to randomly play up then resolve itself.

It randomly changes stations without our intervention.

It occasionally refuses to change station and has on one occasion refused to switch off.

Generally fixes itself for a while then off we go again.

Reluctant to raise with dealer as don't particularly like the idea of a reconditioned

replacement which might be older than our 6 month old one and also play up if it

hasn't been fixed properly. Also what sort of care has it had during prior use??.

I assume they will not replace it with new ones. Anyone had a replacement and was it OK??

Hey kibby, I had a problem with my Bolero a few weeks back where it wouldn't respond to any of the buttons.

I took the main fuse out, counted to 10 and then reinserted it, and I've had no probs since.

If you try that, I am sure that will cure it.

You need to check your handbook to find out which fuse and where, but it's a 5 minute job :yes:

  • Author

Does pulling the fuse on the Bolero mean it will need recoding as the dealer did not supply a code?

Sorry about double post...how do you rectify???

Edited by kibby

In theory the radio won't need recoding as the code will be stored in the cars ECU. When you turn the radio on the radio code is compared to the one in the ECU and if the 2 are the same the radio will start automatically.

Ian

Does pulling the fuse on the Bolero mean it will need recoding as the dealer did not supply a code?

Sorry about double post...how do you rectify???

I just put the fuse back in and it just worked. :yes:

  • 2 weeks later...

The CD changer inside my Bolero unit has suddenly stopped working. I press the insert/eject button, the selection table appears but when I select a CD number, nothing is heard to move inside and the dialog box "Please wait" stays there forever.

All the other functions work normally. Radio, MDI, SD slot, climate and PDC indications. What's happening?

I wonder if the re-connection of the battery has a negative effect on such a sensitive electronic device. My car yesterday came out of the workshop (a minor collision repair) and the battery was disconnected. I also wonder if there's a chance the fuse on the back of the unit to be not for the whole unit but just for the CD changer. I say maybe...

Edited by GiannisB

  • Author

My station hopping problem not cured yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Pulling fuse not worked.

It changes radio station on its own randomly and then refuses to change back to original.

Often the station displayed (highlighted in a grey surround) is not

the randomly selected station so pressing the original selected station

again does not return it to the previously selected station....it seems to get confused

and the only way to get back is to select a third station and then re-select the

original one.

The displayed station gets out of synchronisation with the actual station

transmitting.

Tried switching TP function off but has no effect on the fault.

Will see if it cures itself with use as not keen on swopping to a reconditioned unit

under warranty...it may be older than the one I have. Maybe the only option though.

Do they fit new units under warranty?

Anyone had a Bolero swapped....experiences???

Edited by kibby

  • Author

The CD changer inside my Bolero unit has suddenly stopped working. I press the insert/eject button, the selection table appears but when I select a CD number, nothing is heard to move inside and the dialog box "Please wait" stays there forever.

All the other functions work normally. Radio, MDI, SD slot, climate and PDC indications. What's happening?

I wonder if the re-connection of the battery has a negative effect on such a sensitive electronic device. My car yesterday came out of the workshop (a minor collision repair) and the battery was disconnected. I also wonder if there's a chance the fuse on the back of the unit to be not for the whole unit but just for the CD changer. I say maybe...

Any chance the collision may have damaged the eject mechanism??

My station hopping problem not cured yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Pulling fuse not worked.

It changes radio station on its own randomly and then refuses to change back to original.

Often the station displayed (highlighted in a grey surround) is not

the randomly selected station so pressing the original selected station

again does not return it to the previously selected station....it seems to get confused

and the only way to get back is to select a third station and then re-select the

original one.

The displayed station gets out of synchronisation with the actual station

transmitting.

Tried switching TP function off but has no effect on the fault.

Will see if it cures itself with use as not keen on swopping to a reconditioned unit

under warranty...it may be older than the one I have. Maybe the only option though.

Do they fit new units under warranty?

Anyone had a Bolero swapped....experiences???

I was wondering if you could be listening to a regional program, in which case your radio may determine, that an other station is "better".

In this case use "Setup" to change the "RDS Regional" feature from "Automatic" to "Fix".

Just a thought ...

  • Author

I was wondering if you could be listening to a regional program, in which case your radio may determine, that an other station is "better".

In this case use "Setup" to change the "RDS Regional" feature from "Automatic" to "Fix".

Just a thought ...

Will give it a try but often changes from say BBC Radio 4 to Radio 2 which is not a 'similar' station.

Display still indicates Radio 4 although this is not the one transmitting (Radio 2).

Although Radio 4 is known to have signal strength problems in the south west side of england.

Will try using say Radio 2 and see if it repeats the change station problem (not that I like Radio 2!!)

Looks like a dealer visit in due course....Not that impressed with niggling faults on car so far which is only

6 months old (paint/trim/mechanical problems).

Edited by kibby

Any chance the collision may have damaged the eject mechanism??

I don't think so, cause when the car was still in the workshop, I dropped by one day and took a CD from the unit. It worked perfectly. I took the one CD and left the other CD inside (there were 2 CDs inside the unit). Switched the unit off and left the car. The problem appeared when I took the car back.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going back to tell them. Hope they find out and repair with no charge.

My station hopping problem not cured yet. Anyone else have this problem?

Pulling fuse not worked.

Mine has more or less a problem which look similar.

Sometimes happens I try to switch to a different radio station: touching the screen-button visually I can see the changing color of the button, the name of radio station changes but not the broadcast... it remains on the last one until with a second touch on the same button really switches the frequency.

SM mystery?!?

:S

  • Author

Mine has more or less a problem which look similar.

Sometimes happens I try to switch to a different radio station: touching the screen-button visually I can see the changing color of the button, the name of radio station changes but not the broadcast... it remains on the last one until with a second touch on the same button really switches the frequency.

SM mystery?!?

:S

Agreed.

It changes station on its own without going anywhere near the touch screen and the touch screen then becomes very

tempremental and often refuses to go back to the original station...seems like two seperate faults.

Then again touch screens can be like that but when the fault is not apparent the touch screen works flawlessly.

Strange!!

I took the car to the workshop the other day (for the CD eject problem), they checked it and decided that the problem can't be rectified. So they told me a new Bolero unit will be fitted in about a week and, of course, no charge since it's under the two years warranty.

Lucky me, a new Bolero unit costs 1700 Euros in Greece. Too strange for me though, since it had raised the original car price only 350 Euros. Of course, this was only the difference from the standard "Swing" unit and it's known that spare parts cost about double. But still that price seems to me extraordinary.

Apart from this, I often have noticed minor "bugs" and oddities in Bolero functions. For instance, I was listening from a HDD via the MDI before switching off. Switching back on, I selected Radio, the Radio began to play but after a while the MDI took over without change in the display. I was seeing "Radio" and listening to HDD content. Of course, pressing the "Media" button the problem disappeared.

Or when listening to a "deep" path, especially to a long playlist from that deep, and want to browse back to select something else, then two steps above and the disk looks "empty". To overcome this I return to the play screen, choose "Mix", go a couple songs forward and the problem is gone. Minor problems but a beginner can be confused.

Edited by GiannisB

  • 6 years later...

Morning. I've searched but yet to find a non-garage/dealer solution to this: my issue is identical to GiannisB's in this topic, 7 years ago: I put my Octavia through a UK MOT 3 days ago, where the only electrical work was a rear number-plate bulb replace, which presumably led to a battery-disconnect: no dash or engine work at all.

 

However, since then I cannot access CD functions - I get the 'loading' / 'please wait' messages, and it is stuck on the last track of the last CD I recall playing. Pressing the 'eject'/'change' button shows 6 'no CD' messages for the slots, but I know that there's at least 3 disks loaded. Radio function is fine, but annoyingly I cannot get Aux: it seems to be locked down by the same issue.

 

In the time since Giannis' post, has anybody managed to solve this via a factory reset, a fuse change or similar ? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried loading another CD? Have you tried pressing and holding the SETUP button for over 10 seconds?

I can't think of anything else....

Either take the fuse out, or remove the unit and disconnect it from the rear then reconnect again, see if it boots up and tests the cd changer function on restart.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.