Late delivery compensation

Hi,

Having read a lot about this recently could someone please tell me if the compensation handed out by skoda for late delivery (18 and 24 weeks I beleive it was) is still in existance, and if it is - where is it actually written down on some official documentation (or do you just phone up Skoda UK and gripe?)

My Octavia was ordered on the 3rd of Dec and there's still no sign of it. In fact, it looks likely that it'll be some time in May before it arrives.

I'm actually not too stressed by this but since sprog 2 is due in June and the current car can barely fit sprog 1 things may get a little more stressful as time goes on :) !

(Oh, it's an Anthracite VRS Deisel estate, in case that makes a difference - Originally through Drive The Deal and then through Marlborough, London)

cheers :-D

Chris.

Having read a lot about this recently could someone please tell me if the compensation handed out by skoda for late delivery (18 and 24 weeks I beleive it was) is still in existance, and if it is - where is it actually written down on some official documentation (or do you just phone up Skoda UK and gripe?)

I contacted Skoda UK via their website, and got an email from them saying, "If the time from when the retailer placed the order on his system and you taking delivery of the vehicle exceeds 16 weeks then we will be in a position to compensate you for the inconvenience."

Whether it's still 16 weeks, I don't know.

However... we took delivery of the car in September, and still haven't got the compensation, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

UPDATE: apparently our dealer's taken so long to register the claim that Skoda will no longer honour it. He's offered us some rubber mats and a tank of fuel in lieu of the £150 M&S vouchers we were meant to be getting. We are not impressed.

Edited by Eddie Deguello

I ordered mine on March 31st 2010, and it arrived September 1st 2010.

They were pretty inept at paying the compensation (Dealer says in Head office, head office say "no such thing, it's the main dealer" etc) but my £150 did come through ok in the end...much to my wife's delight! :wall:

thanks for the info guys.

In terms of how you approached skoda to get this sorted:

- was this something you were previously aware of in terms of time span and/or amount of compensation, or did you just phone up skoda on the fly?

- was there a particular department/person you spoke to once in contact?

It's just that if I'm phoning up skoda it would be useful to have some evidence to put before them.

thanks in advance,

Chris.

My car took 8.5 months to arrive and the dealer simply knocked £300 off the retailer supplied accessories I ordered. Simples... :thumbup:

Great thread, I'll follow it with interest. I ordered my TDi Scout end of Nov using the same route. Monday coming (28th March) is the 18 week point for me and I've no idea when it'll be built let alone arrive (was hoping for build week early May and to pick it up end of May but this seems increasingly unlikely).

Great thread, I'll follow it with interest. I ordered my TDi Scout end of Nov using the same route. Monday coming (28th March) is the 18 week point for me and I've no idea when it'll be built let alone arrive (was hoping for build week early May and to pick it up end of May but this seems increasingly unlikely).

I wouldn't have your hopes up too much (sorry). We have ordered a Scout TDI (Anthracite, pollished alloys, maxidot) late September and only yesterday I got a call from the dealer confirming a build week 17. Add another 4 or 5 weeks for delivery and it would have taken 8 months from order to delivery. I believe it when I see it though.

He did mumble something about M&S vouchers but I didn't have the time to go into much detail with him. I think these vouchers are policy now so you should get something. The other thing he said is that they would offer a loan car if you would be caught out without because of their delivery delays. Mine would be a part exchange so this doesn't apply.

I wouldn't have your hopes up too much (sorry). We have ordered a Scout TDI (Anthracite, pollished alloys, maxidot) late September and only yesterday I got a call from the dealer confirming a build week 17. Add another 4 or 5 weeks for delivery and it would have taken 8 months from order to delivery. I believe it when I see it though.

He did mumble something about M&S vouchers but I didn't have the time to go into much detail with him. I think these vouchers are policy now so you should get something. The other thing he said is that they would offer a loan car if you would be caught out without because of their delivery delays. Mine would be a part exchange so this doesn't apply.

The worst bit is feeling completely 'in the dark' about what is going on; all you get when calling anyone (dealer or SUK) is: "it's not showing a build week", however I'm 4 months into an order, I have a car (so not stuck), and will try and not think about it too much. The compensation is something I'll look into later.

Hope you find the wait worthwhile, mine (when I get it) will be Anthracite too :)

It was £150 for 18-25 weeks. £300 for anything thereafter. My wife's Fabia was 26 weeks to the day. I got a cheque for £300 from the dealer. I raised a case number with SCS. Told my dealer who have to make the claim. When they get the money they pass it on to your goodselves! It used to be vouchers but it caused too many problems so they've resorted to cash! :thumbup: At least it was up until February when I got mine.

At the risk of being a pain....

If you've received comp and are posting on this thread, could you please also state the factory order date and received date of your car. That's just so I can see if there are comparible cases to mine when it comes to making a claim

thanks in advance :)

Chris.

Ordered Fabia Estate 1.2TSI DSG on 24/6/10. Delivered on 23/12/10, therefore 26 weeks to the day! It was ordered through Allams of Epsom. I picked up the cheque on 10/2/11. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't have your hopes up too much (sorry). We have ordered a Scout TDI (Anthracite, pollished alloys, maxidot) late September and only yesterday I got a call from the dealer confirming a build week 17. Add another 4 or 5 weeks for delivery and it would have taken 8 months from order to delivery. I believe it when I see it though.He did mumble something about M&S vouchers but I didn't have the time to go into much detail with him. I think these vouchers are policy now so you should get something. The other thing he said is that they would offer a loan car if you would be caught out without because of their delivery delays. Mine would be a part exchange so this doesn't apply.

Turns out you were right on the money. I chased up the dealer and my car has provisional build week 29! If true that will be 34 weeks from order to build, and that doesn't include getting it to the dealer :(

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my TSi Scout 3 weeks ago and saw a Feb build report saying 20 weeks. My PCP on current Seat runs out early Sep so have fingers crossed. Wife is excited about M&S vouchers. Capuccino, led's, folding mirrors, mfsw + maxidot