Got it!

The wait is over!!... After 6 long months i finally collected my Superb SE 170CR today from the dealer's up in Newcastle. Here are a few initial comments:

- Sunset glass is a COMPLETE waste of money. I was convinced the factory had forgotten to install them, even after doing a close comparison to the front windows. Compared to the rear windows in the Insignia Estate i just had, the Skoda tints are completely unnoticeable.

- My car had an umbrella in the rear door. I was expecting one because it was on the list at the time i ordered the car, but i was prepared to kick off if it wasn't there (as many others have reported).

- The Alcantara interior is absolutely gorgeous. I also added the wood trim option... the car interior looks VERY good and oozes quality.

- KESSY is excellent! Although it's going to take a bit of getting used to.

Overall first impression of the car... drives great, engine is fantastic, steering is very well weighted, interior is gorgeous... no complaints at all!!

If only they could build them quicker.

Happy new car!!!

Are you sure they did actually fit sunset glass? I mean, I know it's not exactly 'privacy' glass, but from what I've seen there is a difference... I hope I'm right, because I spec'd it too.

Anyway have fun... Mine is due to be built next week...!!!

Well, i went back into the dealer's after inspecting the car and told them of my concerns. The girl that was handling my collection came outside, along with a male colleague, and both of them said it was definitely sunset glass. They pointed out two Yetis that were on the forecourt as examples, although again i thought it the difference between the front and rear windows was BARELY noticeable. But i had to concede, there was SOME difference and therefore i had to accept it was sunset glass.

My Insignia hire car was parked next to my new Superb. I pointed out the rear windows and told them to have a closer look - you could just about see the rear seats through the tint. Whereas the Skoda was completely see-through.

I'll post some pics on here soon and you can see for yourself. I think the sunset glass put about £5 a month onto the cost of the car, which is annoying. I'm pretty gutted, i thought it would look brilliant when contrasted with the white paint!!

That's great news, I still have week 15 bw for mine, so I have most things crossed hoping that is honoured! If so, I hope to get mine early may!

Looking forward to seeing the sunset glass, I did consider it as I have two youngsters, but it doesn't sound good value based on your description. Swmbo has it on her X-trail and it's not that different to the front glass, whereas on our old Nissan Note you could definitely tell the difference.

Hope you enjoy your new car!

I thought the sunset was a bit "pale" when I ordered mine so didnt order it. Then took it to a company I used before and had the windows tinted .Went for the limo tint and you cant see in the back at all

It really is a personal thing tints, I am not keen on limo tint (or as SWMBO calls it - drug dealer tint :giggle: ) and the sunset glass is just about right for us.

TheDon, what colour did you go for?

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif