Fabia VRS Aerial Thread Size

Stu, I bought a RS Stubby Aerial from Halfords for £ 10 and it came with 3 threads and I beleive the middle one slotted in just right. Reception is the same as the standard aerial as far as i can tell but (a) it looks better (B) it does not now keep knocking on my string/plastic garage handle that hangs down every time I put the car away ! Have kept the original one in the boot just in case.

Hope this helps.

Stu, I bought a RS Stubby Aerial from Halfords for £ 10 and it came with 3 threads and I beleive the middle one slotted in just right. Reception is the same as the standard aerial as far as i can tell but (a) it looks better (B) it does not now keep knocking on my string/plastic garage handle that hangs down every time I put the car away ! Have kept the original one in the boot just in case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply mate, I am looking at the ones from eBay, so need to know the specific thread mm size to be honest. I was thinking this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320597125129&category=9889&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

It will have the same thread. VW are the same ..So no problem :thumbup:

That's what I thought to be honest, I am not sure it is OEM equipment, but it says will fit VW polo, so I reckon it will fit.

Thanks for the reply mate, I am looking at the ones from eBay, so need to know the specific thread mm size to be honest. I was thinking this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320597125129&category=9889&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I really like the look of that. I have the Bluetooth option though, so I have a 'shark fin'. Looks a bit stupid with the long aerial as well tbh! Any idea if it will fit with that?

I really like the look of that. I have the Bluetooth option though, so I have a 'shark fin'. Looks a bit stupid with the long aerial as well tbh! Any idea if it will fit with that?

Wait, you have a shark fin and a regular aerial?

My main concern is over the diameter at the base, it's pretty close to the 'fin', and the standard aerial looks pretty skinny. As you've ordered one could you measure the diameter when you get it?

My main concern is over the diameter at the base, it's pretty close to the 'fin', and the standard aerial looks pretty skinny. As you've ordered one could you measure the diameter when you get it?

Aye, I see what you mean.

And sure, not a problem mate.

I should have it sometime this week.

Thanks. It sure would look a lot better than the cool fin and a long dangly aerial :rofl:

Haha yeah, gotta admit that is a strange one, first I have seen like that!

Will keep you updated. :)

If anyone needs a cheap and cheerful replacement after drunkards think it is "funny" to steal your aerial on the way back from the pub :wonder:

I got one off ebay.. it looks pretty standard and seems to work ok for £4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290530757988&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I should be grateful they didn't slash my tyres like they did on my last new car !!

Ebay ones look okay.

Ill post a picture up of mine on Wednesday when I take the car out.

Cheers

PS I have the shark fin mount as i have the Sat Nav

its attached to the back of the shark fin, but its a standard aerial socket at the back of the fin. Seems to be one moulded piece with a screw in for the aerial.

Nothing to do with bluetooth (plus I dont have bluetooth anyway)

its attached to the back of the shark fin, but its a standard aerial socket at the back of the fin. Seems to be one moulded piece with a screw in for the aerial.

Nothing to do with bluetooth (plus I dont have bluetooth anyway)

Sorry, think we got slightly crossed wires there, the fin comes with the sat nav then, not the Bluetooth. Basically it's a satellite receiver :o