Newbie from Taiwan

shaoi88

Hi All,

I have just become the owner of a 2011 Skoda Superb Combi 2.0TDI in Taiwan. Hope to see some good discussion about this car and the brand in this forum. One thing I'd like to seek your help is that recently I noticed a message popping up that says "Check Safe Locking Owner's Manual" whenever I switch off the ignition. I have flipped through the whole owner's manual, and just couldn't find any information in relation to this message or what it means. Has anyone seen this message before? and what does it mean? Many thanks!

Cheers,

Edited by shaoi88

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks!

Have similar problem in Greenline hatch. The message is a bit annoying and it seems there is no simple way to get rid of it. Pages 45-46 are nice, but they don't really suggest the solution... Could someone help a bit?)

Hey shaoi88,

I am glad to found a Superb owner in Taiwan. I am debating to go for Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI or a VW Passat CC TDI.

Do you mind sharing your experience so far with Superb?

The VW salesman somehow is not recommending superb. I am unable to figure out the difference, other then design, as engine seems to be same and both Skoda dn VW are under same dear ownership.

Your inputs will be of great help.

Cheers

Uno

• 1 month later...

Hey shaoi88,

I am glad to found a Superb owner in Taiwan. I am debating to go for Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI or a VW Passat CC TDI.

Do you mind sharing your experience so far with Superb?

The VW salesman somehow is not recommending superb. I am unable to figure out the difference, other then design, as engine seems to be same and both Skoda dn VW are under same dear ownership.

Your inputs will be of great help.

Cheers

Uno

Sorry just saw your message now. I think Superb is a much better value for money choice compared to VW Passat CC TDI. It has much better interior space. Espeically the rear leg room is equivalent to that of an S-class long wheel base version. Also, give the listed price of TWD155W, you get everything in the CC plus the cool twindoor feature as standard. I mean they are two very different cars, if you ask me, I would say Superb, purely because it has the highest C/P ratio of all. But I am driving the Combi version, so I don't actually know how it feels like to drive the sedan version. However, I have actually driven a CC before, and I find it very hard and rigid in terms of ride quality, given it is really a four-door sports car. Superb Combi, on the other hands, the one have, rides more smoothly and is more catered for people that like to travel with comfort and also with family. One last thing, if the badge is not an issue for you, then you should really give yourself a chance to consider Superb. If you want I can intro you my sales person.

KR,

Eric :doh:

Makes a change from seeing Jap cars in Bangkok then, I can only remember Tuk Tuk's, Jap and a few VW's on the Bangkok streets.

Good luck with your Fabia King Cobra, hope you enjoy it. Plenty of DIY help here for you.

Firstly - Welcome to Briskoda

To unonano - If your country specs of the cars are the same as european ones then the main differences you will find between the Superb & the Passat, will be, a) the final cost of the car, b) the build quality will be comparable to the VW, c) the specification of the Superb compared to the Passat will probably be better d) overall the value for money aspect of the superb will most likely be better.

I am not surprised your dealer is saying buy the VW over the Skoda, as he probably gets better commission on the VW, & there has been rumblings from VW that Skoda are stealing sales from them as the cars are seen as better value for money, specially since the greedy bankers caused the current economic climate & people are being a lot more careful on what they spend their money on.

Drive both cars before making a decision as you may personally prefer the VW to the Skoda, or Skoda to VW, ignoring the badge, its all personal taste.

• 5 weeks later...

Makes a change from seeing Jap cars in Bangkok then, I can only remember Tuk Tuk's, Jap and a few VW's on the Bangkok streets.

Good luck with your Fabia King Cobra, hope you enjoy it. Plenty of DIY help here for you.

Thanks Soot1e, I finally changed my mind and go for the Octavia 1.8TSI/7DSG, just took her home yesterday..

Very happy driving back home yesterday and goto work today. Will have to adapt myself (my right foot)

a bit since she tends to go faster than I need !! Anyway this is a very nice car :thumbup: and Skoda

is very RARE in Thailand.. ;)

No Yeti owners from Taiwan in here? :(

Seen quite a few superbs dotted around Taipei, good choice of car and great value for money compared to everything else on the market here.