Heater blower buzzing?

Evening all,

I've got a little annoyance from the heater blower (I think).

Basically you hear an odd intermitent buzzing noise coming from the passenger footwell when the heater/blower is on (goes away when it's off). I don't know if this is linked but when the fans are on (I tend to have them on Auto) the fan power seems to fluctuate, the sound from the blowers seems to fluctuate at least.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be? Usual problem of...? New blower motor/dodgy connection?

Cheers,

Dave

I know when it's normally operating there is a clicking noise coming from it, I think I've found other posts where people have said the flaps constantly move, etc. When I get a bit of time I might strip as much as I can and see what it is.

Thanks for the pointers,

dave

Could be a leaf stuck against the fan blade ? take out the cabin air filter and you should be able to see the fan itself. cheers - Stuart

re-reading this post, I would opt for a bit of a leaf / pine needle / etc having got past the pollen filter. If your lucky it might eventually pass through the system, or it might need a helping hand.

However the air fluctuatation seems more like the recirc flap.... (which mine has started to now do..... :doh: )

If you can get the scuttle panel off you can take out the pollen filter and you may spot your problem. Otherwise it is glove box out (5 torx, and disconnect the light) and then you can access the blower assembly. I have not taken mine apart but the recirc stuff has been covered on here - apparently you need tiny hands and lots of patience, iirc.