Candy White vRS alloy wheel dilemma

61 members have voted

1. 1. black or silver?

Just got to be dark chrome! I have white/blck roof/dark chrome and looks amazing in the metal. :thumbup:

Silver alloys are too common, white will look filthy all the time and the black ones can look small and lost in the arches :yes:

Personally I think it's a matter of coordination, White roof, standard silver lights and grill then silver wheels, black roof and black pack lights and grill then black or smoked wheels.

Haven't rekindled my original interest in the Dark Chrome alloy but thought I'd knock up an image with all three options alongside each other.

threewheels.jpg?psid=1

Of course it's a matter of taste, but now I've seen that photo shoot, I'm very pleased I chose the silver alloys B)

Of course it's a matter of taste, but now I've seen that photo shoot, I'm very pleased I chose the silver alloys B)

Having seen them in the flesh I will say I don't think photos often do the black alloys justice but it really does depend on the body colour. I love them on the green just not sure about them on the white.

I like the chrome alloy but not on the Fabia, for me it just doesn't suit the car shape.

Dark chromes definitely the best looking wheel, black a close 2nd. Wouldnt give standard or white a second thought.

If you have problems with the Dark chromes you'll be able to get them replaced or refurb'd under warranty, wouldnt worry about that. Besides the black wheels are painted and lacquered so can suffer from similar problems if the lacquer gets damaged. Just try not to curb them as they are a bit of a pig (due to being diamond cut) to get repaired.

Credit where credit is due, the silver wheel doesnt look bad there. Still think Dark Chromes are the way forward though, simple difference in finish makes it look like a completely different (and more attractive) wheel.

Credit where credit is due, the silver wheel doesnt look bad there. Still think Dark Chromes are the way forward though, simple difference in finish makes it look like a completely different (and more attractive) wheel.

Before I bought my vRS, I did originally order the dark chrome wheels but having seen them on a red version on the forecourt, I changed my mind. Reason being, the inserts weren't black ,but a dark grey. I didn't feel they matched the black pillars and roof.

To be honest, the only colour that the dark chrome wheels do justice is for the silver vRS with a black roof. :thumbup:

Get the silvers....

black are the worst

dark chrome i can see the appeal

but fav is Silver... don't wash em for a month for the 'dark chrome affect' if you want

Before I bought my vRS, I did originally order the dark chrome wheels but having seen them on a red version on the forecourt, I changed my mind. Reason being, the inserts weren't black ,but a dark grey. I didn't feel they matched the black pillars and roof.

To be honest, the only colour that the dark chrome wheels do justice is for the silver vRS with a black roof. :thumbup:

They are black, I think it's just the sheen of the lacquer makes them look a bit grey. The black wheels look a little grey with the right sort of light on them but they are definitely black.

Get the silvers....

black are the worst

dark chrome i can see the appeal

but fav is Silver... don't wash em for a month for the 'dark chrome affect' if you want

Another bonus for black and dark chrome wheels.....very easy to keep clean