oil coming out of exhaust

Hi folks, can anyone help me with the problem i have? Just been down to a local garage told the guy about the oil coming out the exhaust he says it sounds like the turbo charger has went quoting about £800 of the top of his head, is it easy to remove the turbo charger and repair and service it? I would be very greatfull if anybody could give me some help and advice, Thanks.

is the car burning oil?? Any blue smoke? It might just be carbon diposits and moisture mixing making it look like oil. I wouldn't go changing anything until you are sure there is an issue. Keep an eye on the oil level and monitor it and take it from there.

is the car burning oil?? Any blue smoke? It might just be carbon diposits and moisture mixing making it look like oil. I wouldn't go changing anything until you are sure there is an issue. Keep an eye on the oil level and monitor it and take it from there.

As Mike says, is it actually using (more than usual) oil?

Is there any associated blue or white smoke?

We're asking questions to try and establish what the cause is since it might not be the turbo.

oil is dripping out of the exhaust had to buy more oil on saturday becaus the oil warning sign was flashing, Friday night rev counter went straight up to red without be touching accelorator peddle switched off ignition imediatly waited a minute or two then re started the car there was a wineing noise and lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust, the garage thinks the turbo ceil has went so oil pumping in to exhaust, what do you think? thankyou

Took car to my garage took undertray off quite a bit of oil in undertray, could see oil dripping on crossmember also oil was on the flexible part of the exhaust from exhaust manifold to down pipe of the exhaust, felt a the back of the engine oil was at the top could it be the rocker cover gaskit that could have failed and seeping in to the exhaust manifold, cheers

oil is dripping out of the exhaust had to buy more oil on saturday becaus the oil warning sign was flashing, Friday night rev counter went straight up to red without be touching accelorator peddle switched off ignition imediatly waited a minute or two then re started the car there was a wineing noise and lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust, the garage thinks the turbo ceil has went so oil pumping in to exhaust, what do you think? thankyou

Turbo intake seals I think. You've just had a runaway, which is caused by the engine ingesting and burning lubricating oil.

yep turbo seals and runaway is a very bad thing :'(

Good thing that it still had its anti-shudder valve or it might have gone bang :'(