A common fault

Hi,

My VRS TDI had to go into the garage last week due to the ESP light being on. The investigation led to the finding of a common VAG issue with the ABS pump. Apparently a ABS pressure sensor has packed up on the ABS pump and that is what's causing the light to common on. A few weeks back this would have meant the whole ABS system would have had to be changed, approximately £1500, but because this particular component has failed on so many cars, VAG are now producing a repair kit which is about £140 plus a couple of hours labour. Only problem is, because sooooo many of these have failed and people haven't had them replaced because of the cost, now there is a cheaper way to get it fixed VAG have run out and the part is now on back order with a lead time of approx. 3 weeks!

In the mean time I have no ABS, traction control or ESP because of the fault. Careful driving required!

Hi,

My VRS TDI had to go into the garage last week due to the ESP light being on. The investigation led to the finding of a common VAG issue with the ABS pump. Apparently a ABS pressure sensor has packed up on the ABS pump and that is what's causing the light to common on. A few weeks back this would have meant the whole ABS system would have had to be changed, approximately £1500, but because this particular component has failed on so many cars, VAG are now producing a repair kit which is about £140 plus a couple of hours labour. Only problem is, because sooooo many of these have failed and people haven't had them replaced because of the cost, now there is a cheaper way to get it fixed VAG have run out and the part is now on back order with a lead time of approx. 3 weeks!

In the mean time I have no ABS, traction control or ESP because of the fault. Careful driving required!

I am currently waiting for a repair unit for my car too.

The only issue I've got is that my new car is now only a couple of weeks away from arriving (built on the 24th of March).

However the dealership are not going to give me the full trade-in value on my car until the ESP light no longer comes on and stays on.

So I am hoping they can get hold of the repair kit quickly :-)

I thought you still had ABS, just not ESP.

Yeah this is correct, so don't worry to much about driving it bubblec, just don't floor it in v.wet weather going round a roundabout!