Crankcase breather

Yep! ..... You have got BBZ engine if 74kw 100bhp, if lower output 55kw then BBY engine!! Hoorah! problem solved! :D

Big Jase... like what you did.. if I can figure out how to upload photos, I will do, of what I did to my car.. along similar lines... using a Green cotton twister enclosed filter..mainly to get rid of the :swear: black cover which cooks the engine!! B)

Yep! ..... You have got BBZ engine if 74kw 100bhp, if lower output 55kw then BBY engine!! Hoorah! problem solved! :D

Big Jase... like what you did.. if I can figure out how to upload photos, I will do, of what I did to my car.. along similar lines... using a Green cotton twister enclosed filter..mainly to get rid of the :swear: black cover which cooks the engine!! B)

Thank god for that, got there in the end.. I will have a look at the spacer and locate the pipe. Do you know if this pipe blocks up like the other engines?

Photos hehe!

Yes probably will!!!

Bloody hell I think I need to send the GF out to clean her engine! Have to post some picks of my octavia to get anything that clean!

Not bad for a 10yr old car eh!! :rofl:

You can see the differences between my AUB and your BBZ engines...I've got a single coil pack, you have individual packs, i've got an aluminium intake manifold...you have plastic..

Not bad at all, hope the rest of the car is as clean!!

Thanks for all your help :thumbup: , I will let you know if I get much gunk out and try to take some pictures as it may help someone else.

Guest BigJase88

Photos hehe!

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

Yes probably will!!!

that looks nice

here is mine, i wanted to keep the samco's black for that oem look, i put a new coolant resevoir bottle in and new coolant to make it look nicer but my rocker cover just isnt up to scratch :(

any tips on how yours is soo clean?

im going to spray my exhaust manifold heat sheild in VHT paint in the future

may spray rocker cover but it will have to come off to make a decent job? :o

6b9b199a.jpg

Big Jase "here is mine, i wanted to keep the samco's black for that oem look," ...yeah right .. with a bloody big carbon fibre look and bright red anodized air box!! :rofl:

I use Autoglym engine & machine cleaner.. wet a COLD engine using low pressure garden hose with a "shower" pattern spray. Spay on the cleaner and work it in using a 1 1/2" wide old paint brush.....leave it to soak for 5 mins then rinse off.. then spray Autoglym Viynl & rubber care whilst engine bay still wet.. close bonnet leave to dry!!! :thumbup:

What diameter or type are those Magnacore blue leads??? how do you find them????

That airbox looks like it needs supporting at the join with the flexi tube.. like mine did... I made up brackets as you can see. Also you can remove the two black push cones from OEM filter by using a hex?? key to unscrew them... I did and used the holes to provide mounting points for the support brackets!! B)

I got rid of the sparkplug lead black tray as now pulling the leads off is much easier!!

Guest BigJase88

Airfilter was on car so not my first choice in colour... Gona spray black

I cant remember but i think the magnecor are 1mm larger than oem?

No real difference just look better

The air filter is supported quite well.. The more room it has to move the more growl it creates! Remove your support and i bet it sounds 10x better

Also instead of a metal hose connecting it to the t/b try a silcone for yet more movement

Made mine sound 10x better

• 3 years later...

Guys, I take the liberty of bumping this old thread.

I have the 1,4l/75hp/16v 'BBY' engine, which unfortunately has starting consuming more oil lately.

Also, idle is sometimes not steady, but bunching some. Not really rough, like rough, but some.

This thread is however quite confusing since it contains photos of the AU* engine mixed with photos of the BB* engine, which obviously has different designs.

So, this is my engine with top cover taken of.

gunenyqe.jpg

Could you guys direct me to the following three items:

1. Throttle valve

2. Crankcase breather

3. EGR valve

I'm thinking of inspecting and possibly cleaning all of these. Actually, you could skip the throttle valve, since I know where that is. It's fastened with four Allen bolts. Anything falling apart badly after removing those, crazy small things like springs or such? I'm always a bit nervous when dissecting mechanics.

Cheers!

Edited by gewstarr