Removed

Off down my local dealership tomorrow.

Originally had the 1.6 105 cr tdi in mind... but drove the 105 TSI and was absolutely blown away by it so have converted to that!

Love the look of the Monte Carlo and really fancy it in red and opting for the following optional extras (perhaps got a tad carried away!)

Acoustic rear parking sensors

Climate control air conditioning

Cruise control

Maxi-dot trip computer

Rear electric windows

Curtain airbags

Front armrest

Hopefully ill be able to come back tomorrow and have an idea how long we're looking build wise :D

Hi. Sitting outside my dealer this morning was a red Monte Carlo with black roof and black alloys. Must say it looked very mean in a smart sort of way. Have fun with your new purchase. Hope the wait isn't too long.

I've got the 105ps tsi in red and love it. Some may say it's gruff????? but to be honest it is more of a light growl. I was determined to get another diesel(last couple of cars have been) but once I'd driven the 105 petrol, I was sold.

There may be a bit of a growl on acceleration but I think it just adds to the 'theatre' of driving a sporty fabia. For info, my daily commute to work is about 17 miles consisting roughly of a third each of 50mph dual carriageway, 60mph country lanes and 70mph motorway. I'm getting 46-48mpg going to work(usually running late so 'spirited driving') and have seen 50mpg heading home! For reference, I was averaging 45mpg in my last car, a BMW 320d.

At the end of the day, choose the engine that floats your boat, afterall it's you that will be living with it day to day.

Enjoy your new car :thumbup:

I originally wanted the 1.6 derv but drove an 86ps tsi and was blown away... jumped into the 105ps tsi and my face lit up and I originally set out to buy a diesel!

Whats all this 'week 22 build' etc mean then? =/

I believe next week is week 15

52 weeks in a year...

Week 1 is January 1st - 7th etc etc

Basically what it means is your car is built in week X.

Cars built after week X may have some updated features, such as black grill and lights.

My wife currently has a Fabia 1.9TDi which pulls like a train and is good to drive on the wave of low down torque. We had a 1.6CR 105 TDi for the day but to be honest we found it a bit gutless in comparison, yes it's refined but just a bit flat especially in higher gears.

As soon as we drove the 1.2TSi we were sold, the lighter engine means it feels more nibble than our 1.9TDi or the 1.6TDi. The lower gearing means it zips through the ratio's and has a gruff sporty soundtrack if you have your foot down. On lighter throttle settings it's virtually silent though.

The Fabia will only do 6000 miles a year so economy isn't a major concern but we bought the 1.9TDi because it felt good to drive and better than the 1.6 16V Petrol at the time. This time round the 1.2TSi felt a better car to drive than the 1.6TDi. If economy is improtant then you may need to choose the diesel but the TSi is quicker and more entertaining to drive.

And going with TSi allowed us to order the DSG as well, but I know it isn't available on the Monte.

Cheers

Lee

Wow 45mpg, amazing shame I am only getting 64mpg!, wish I had the TSI(NOT!),

The fact that I have repeatedly bought diesels and then went for the 105tsi when I initially planned to order a 1.6crd monte says volumes about this petrol engine. For me, mpg figures aren't everything. If they still did the the old, punchy 1.9 pd motor I may have been swayed in that direction but they don't, and so I wasn't.

As I said before, each to their own. Personally, if the VRS had a manual 'box option I would have ordered one and not bothered with a monte. It doesn't bother me that a seven speed dsg will go through the gears faster, I just prefer the theatre of a punchy turbo motor(even better with a S/C !!) with a manual box.

Glad you're pleased with your diesel, there's no knocking those mpg figures :thumbup:

diesels sound terrible...

good choice and i doubt the mpg will be much different anyways :thumbup:

Diesels. Rough not the cr , very quiet no not as quiet as a. petrol,as for mpg not being much different sorry you need to look at the figures,not much difference on the b roads but once. You stretch your legs the. Mpg on the Tsi will drop

i managed to see 17mpg on a Skoda VRS which i had for three days, not gonna lie i did hoon about and also managed only 14.5mpg in an equivelent powered Alfa Mito(which is just a faster car despite similar weights and 10bhp less)

Guest BigJase88

Diesels. Rough not the cr , very quiet no not as quiet as a. petrol,as for mpg not being much different sorry you need to look at the figures,not much difference on the b roads but once. You stretch your legs the. Mpg on the Tsi will drop

i was sitting having an ice cream the other day....

looked in my rear view saw a new shape ibiza pull up behind me...

only word i said to the other half... 'diesel' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You won't achieve top mpg figures in anything if you drive round with a lead foot.

TSI's will do 50mpg, when driven accordingly. Take it for a thrashing and you'll be seeing low 30's.

TDi's will do 65mpg, when driven accordingly. Take it for a thrashing and you'll be seeing low 40's.

Diesel will always be more economical than petrol, there's no getting away from it. The TSI offers great real-word performance for it's capacity, yet is still capable of delivering good economy. Lets take an example: Suzuki fit a new 1.2 to their Swift. It develops 92bhp, but to get performance you have to rev it beyond 4000rpm. The TSI uses its turbo to deliver far more torque at far lower rpm, if you get to 4000rpm in a TSI, it's time to shift up. Driven hard, neither will get outstanding economy, but the TSI is so much more flexible you don't have to worry so much about being in the right gear to overtake. You can have performance in a relaxed way.

Also, anyone who thinks the 1.2 is highly stressed is wrong IMO. It produces slightly less BHP/litre than the 2.0 TFSI in the Octy vRS, so surely it is no more stressed that that?

Also, anyone who thinks the 1.2 is highly stressed is wrong IMO. It produces slightly less BHP/litre than the 2.0 TFSI in the Octy vRS, so surely it is no more stressed that that?

We just don't know about this. Stress does not depend on the space between the components (i.e. cubic capacity) but on their cross-sectional area.

100bhp/litre is nothing now, the 1.2TSi at 87.5bhp/litre isn't anything spectacular.

Some Japs have been up at 200bhp/litre standard.

Cheers

Lee