VRS 170 PD Cambelt just done - £280

Just got the VRS back from Skoparts after a cambelt change.

I initally got in touch with DM Keiths in Leeds when the 60k service was due (£260 btw) and they said the cambelt was due, but wanted £450 for the priviledge!!

I saw that Skoparts were local (based in Doncaster), so gave the friendly chaps a ring and they quoted £280 for the job.

Also had a nosy around one of the guys daily Skoda Rapid and his track day Estelle!! top stuff :thumbup:

Great service and great family run business. Recommended!

Edited by Kieranzxt

The tensioner comes in the kit, so it would.

Well done on saving cash. Take it to a dealers for servicing if you must, for warranty reasons, otherwise a use a good independent and pay half the labour rates.

You can get the belt without the tensioner - I have known some places do 'cheaper' cambelt changes and all they have changed is the belt!

The OP didn't specify if the tensioner or water pump was done or not. Given that genuine VAG parts are about £180 inc VAT (cambelt kit and water pump), £280 is a good price.