Just bought some winter tyres and wheels!

JCP

Had a lovely round trip this morning to meet a man in a layby and give him money! In return he gave me 4 16" Seat wheels shod in conti snow tyres-all in excellent order. They are now safely tucked away on the decking behind my garage on the supplied wheelstand and under the wheelcover.

Thanks "Loadswine" it was very good to meet you and your excellent Multipla wagon!

I got an indicated consumption of better than 51mpg on the round trip. I am discovering the benefits of diesel Yeti driving.

I'm actually looking at the same thing... Needing to get some 16" steels or alloys at a good price to save having to change the tyres on the rims each Winter/Summer swap over. Seen the storage trees for £20 so will definately be getting one of those too.

You will have to wait until August to get some winter tyres at a sensible price though as nobody I have found has any in stock. I need 2 ContiWinterContact TS810 tyres. I will have to wait patiently.

Over the last two winters I have tried to buy winter tyres and by the time I have done so they have become unobtainable. Just before Christmas I had a journey from North Norfolk to St Albans where I really feared I wasn't sure of getting through.

I now have a capable 4x4 and a set of proper low temperature tyres-so I am quietly confident............it won't freeze next winter!

I enjoyed meeting a very pleasant chap on Sunday with a rather nice diesel Yeti, to give him some wheels and accept some money! :rofl:

John, it was a pleasure to meet you mate, and have a bit of a chat. A very nice Yeti by the way, superb colour.

Enjoy your holiday later in the year!

I love the way these forums let you meet some excellent people. B)