Screws for tailgate number plate lights?

Right i have a dodgy bulb in one of my rear number plate lights. I thought i would have a go and replace it. The bloody screws are completly rotten i can not get them off i have tryed a screwdriver battery drill etc. They will not move lol. I don't want to round them anymore.

Any ideas how to get the darn things out? Drill them out?

Such a small annoying problem that is doing my head in lol

Leave the screws as they are and pull off the trim inside the tailgate and get to the bulb holders that way. They are not very well secured, so the chances are that when changing the bulb you will push the whole thing inside the tailgate and then you will have to take the trim off to get it back....

Just ask my father. I mentioned it to him, and he poked one and it vanished..... and yep, you guessed it I had to take the trim off to find it. :smirk:

Getting the trim back on is a bit more of a fine art though. Still by taking the trim off you can check the washer hoses are good and not leaking fluid.

Boot interior trim in the hatches aren't too bad to remove - estates are a nightmare! :thumbdown:

I have an estate... I put mine back on and then realised the stupid grab handle wasn't where it should be :swear: