forge 007p

ive just been googling the forge 007p dumpvalve for my octy vrs but all the answers come back to forums not shops appart from the forge site.

does anyone know of any web site that sell them so i can see what they will cost me.

i live on the isle of wight so no motor factors here that sell this sort of thing

Cheers guys.

I've seen the comp brake ones for sale and I've been told not to bother with copied ones just stick to original makes like forge.

I've seem the 007's on eBay new for £77 iirc.

There are a few 2nd hand ones but unsure about these components being 2nd hand

The compbrake one is spot on. Compbrake make some pretty good stuff, and aren't one of the cheap chinese copies that are all over ebay.

I've had one on for a while now, and had no problems whatsoever with it, running 19 PSI peak.

I know Forge are the favourite, but it doesn't mean they're the only company that can make a valve. :thumbup:

I have a compbrake fitted to my car aswell. Had no problems what so ever whith it. I think it was at least 30 pound less than the forge one thats plus delivery costs to the north highlands in scotland.

Apparently the standard ones tend to wear out faster on remapped cars.

I changed mine way before I got the remap so I can't report from personal experience.

Other advantage is it's shiny :D

ok so theres no performance gains as such associated with changing the valve?

Compbrake, just as good as forge but cheaper :thumbup:

That is not exactly true :dull: , there are differnces , and the longevity of the valve is one thing that could become an issue , and also servicing of it

Sarah

ive not seen a service kit for the compbrake dv.

im tempted with the compbrake one for the price but do i spend the extra on the better name?it s a expensive name tho

anyone on here ever known one of these ebay alloy ones to fail? if not i'd get those as for the price of a forge you could get 2 or even 3 of the ebay dumpvalves

also you could service them yourself with rubber grease

The only time I've heard of them failing is when they aren't serviced properly and the grease dries up inside, or the seal wears out.

I have a sneaky suspicion that a forge service kit will probably work too.

Raf, shall we try it when they're due a service?

For the good of the forum like... B)

At the end of the day, billet aluminium is billet aluminium. What difference can the forge one have, apart from the seals?

just looked at the comp brake one and they are £58.80 including VAT

with postage included it comes to £64.80.this is taken straight off the website

a forge 007 on ebay can be got for a extra £10.

im not saying in anyway that the compbrake valve is rubbish and not worth the money but i think i will spend the extra £10 on the forge one.

Can I add , that the service kit that you get from Forge , that has been developed for THEIR DV has a different grease on their one

So if it is mixed with a different grease , then it may not work as good

may be worth getting in touch with Compbrake for one?

I do not know if it is going to be the same as mixing the likes of coolant , and may not give you the same protection

Sarah

Yeah, cheers for that.

I know the grease on the forge is red, and the grease on the compbrake is white.

If you properly cleaned all the old off though, it will be OK.

i expect the grease on the compbarke one is silicone grease.i use this alot day in at work where i use rubber seals and o rings,etc.

at first glance the price looks great for the comp brake one but once they add on the VAT and P&P it soon builds up

i expect the grease on the compbarke one is silicone grease.i use this alot day in at work where i use rubber seals and o rings,etc.

at first glance the price looks great for the comp brake one but once they add on the VAT and P&P it soon builds up

I do know that the grease on the comp brake one is not as good quality

The Forge one has been designed by Mobil for THEIR DV`s only

So when someone copies theri DV`s , do they spend the small fortune for the same quality grease?????

That is just one I know of for a definate

Leave the rest for you guys to find out

Sarah