...Looking at a 1.9 Sport 09/10 year

Ater owning an 06 fabia vRS a while ago and selling it due to it not being able to fit a double buggy my partner has said she wants a Fabia again (dont need the double buggy anymore). I know the vRS mk1 will be a different animal to the PD100 found in the mk2 but I am not really fussed about outright performance anymore. The only thing I do to all my cars is alter them in some way; brakes, suspension, a few engine mods although nothing like uprated internals and external appearence, wheels, grill etc

I have been looking at a Fabia 2 1.9 PD105 Sport and have had a quick browse of the mk2 section here and cant find many users "tuning" them. So would love to see some pics of what people have done to thier Fabia mk2s as it will sway me more to getting one.

Would be interested to see if anyone has done anything with the brakes and suspension and some feedback on what the stock setup is like in the "sport" spec.

Thanks in advance

Can't help with the sport set up but my wife's Fabia has the 1.9PD Tdi. It's power delivery is very similar to your old VRS just a little less output, you still get that surge at the bottom end, something that is missing from the more refined CR units. Refinement is a little better than the diesel VRS.

You can achieve good economy figures driving normally and 60mpg+ is easy on a run out.

Quite a few tuning commpanies do remaps for the 105 and you should see around 140bhp.

Cheers

Lee

SWMBO is loving hers at the moment, and it's absolutely bog standard - returning 56+ mpg regularly, pick up is good, and IMO looks as good as the new vRS (awaits rollicking from Sharkrider)

I even enjoy driving......probably more so if it had an extra 35 horses, but SWMBO won't let me :S

SWMBO is loving hers at the moment, and it's absolutely bog standard - returning 56+ mpg regularly, pick up is good, and IMO looks as good as the new vRS (awaits rollicking from Sharkrider)

I even enjoy driving it......probably more so if it had an extra 35 horses, but SWMBO won't let me :S

I agree with everything people are saying here, the old 1.9 PD refinement aside is probably a better power unit than the new 1.6 CR. Lack of low end go and soft throttle response really hinders the CR's, my 2.0 TDI 140 Golf is terrible until you're really rolling in 4th gear, old MK5 GT Sport 2.0 TDi 140 PD we had for a while before was much punchier, even though on paper its supposedly no quicker.

If my car does 60 in less than 10 secs i'd be shocked.

Edited by pipsyp

We have a 105 sport and find it just fine for normal use. Yes, it does lack the outright power of the MKI vRS

but I have managed over 70 MPG on a run to work......

Miss the 6 speed gearbox, but at least the rear drum brakes will hold you on a hill :)