the monster is here

kesy

phoned the dealer today (hayselden skoda of doncaster) my monster has arrived i presume it came into grimsby at the weekend just waiting for my private plates to be put on dealer says approx 12 days but of course other things might interupt the process at dvlc.

Picked mine up on Tuesday night (it arrived last thursday). Elegance 2l 140bhp 4x4 dsg in black with the black leather, RRP, tpm, heated windscreen & bumwarmer(which i used this morning, omg it's great) and spare wheel. When i first saw him I thought he looked like a grumpy ninja, so he's now called Cato. Absolutely love it..... so much better than the dsg golf i got rid of....At the minute I'm thinking it's deffo the right decision :rofl::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But it came freakishly quick, ordered Christmas Eve,.........But I ain't complaining :D

Picked mine up on Tuesday night (it arrived last thursday). Elegance 2l 140bhp 4x4 dsg in black with the black leather, RRP, tpm, heated windscreen & bumwarmer(which i used this morning, omg it's great) and spare wheel. When i first saw him I thought he looked like a grumpy ninja, so he's now called Cato. Absolutely love it..... so much better than the dsg golf i got rid of....At the minute I'm thinking it's deffo the right decision :rofl::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But it came freakishly quick, ordered Christmas Eve,.........But I ain't complaining :D

Great choice of SM. Pity about the colours. White is best, but I would say that wouldn't I!

Just sitting in Elsie the Helipad at the moment, enjoying a break between appointments. Glad I don't have the sun roof as would be too hot in this weather :D

The DSG on the SM suits it perfectly off road and on road in South London traffic. I just love driving Elsie.

Mike

Great choice of SM. Pity about the colours. White is best, but I would say that wouldn't I!

Just sitting in Elsie the Helipad at the moment, enjoying a break between appointments. Glad I don't have the sun roof as would be too hot in this weather :D

The DSG on the SM suits it perfectly off road and on road in South London traffic. I just love driving Elsie.

Mike

Ebony and Ivory Live together in perfect harmony :rofl: Thank god for aircon, that's all I can say, it was broken on my golf - mind you I nearly got hypothermia in Cato on Tuesday - couldn't work out how to turn it off :o The DSG in Cato is a whole lot more refined than the dsg in my 56 reg Golf - they've come a LONG way in the last few years B)

Ebony and Ivory Live together in perfect harmony :rofl: Thank god for aircon, that's all I can say, it was broken on my golf - mind you I nearly got hypothermia in Cato on Tuesday - couldn't work out how to turn it off :o The DSG in Cato is a whole lot more refined than the dsg in my 56 reg Golf - they've come a LONG way in the last few years B)

They certainly have. I had an '06 55 reg L&K Octavia Estate PD140 DSG before the SM, and that box felt primitive compared to the latest ones in Elsie The Helipad.

Mike

just been to see "lettie" the yeti who has arrived at the dealers awaiting plates,to find there is no 4x4 badge on the back is this normal for a 140 elegance if so what models do they put them on.

just been to see "lettie" the yeti who has arrived at the dealers awaiting plates,to find there is no 4x4 badge on the back is this normal for a 140 elegance if so what models do they put them on.

Hi kesy,

what badging does it carry :wonder:

Just looked at the SUK used site and a March 2011 reg 140 has the same badging as my previous 140.

TDI 4x4

Do you have the chassis number :wonder: can use this to confirm build spec,

Not suggesting it's wrong but worth confirming.

Should start with TMBMD.............

TMB = Skoda as manufacturer

M = right-hand drive, 4x4

D = 2.0 TDI, 103 kW (140PS) diesel engine

If it's just missing would expect the dealer to put it right as part of the PDI if you point it out.

hope that helps,

TP

Hi kesy,

what badging does it carry :wonder:

Just looked at the SUK used site and a March 2011 reg 140 has the same badging as my previous 140.

TDI 4x4

Do you have the chassis number :wonder: can use this to confirm build spec,

Not suggesting it's wrong but worth confirming.

Should start with TMBMD.............

TMB = Skoda as manufacturer

M = right-hand drive, 4x4

D = 2.0 TDI, 103 kW (140PS) diesel engine

If it's just missing would expect the dealer to put it right as part of the PDI if you point it out.

hope that helps,

TP

thanks all in a daze looking at the car forgot to look at the chassis no. on the back its just got TDI YETI ?

thanks all in a daze looking at the car forgot to look at the chassis no. on the back its just got TDI YETI ?

Hi again kesy,

can you remember if the TDI was all silver or did it have a red I at the end :wonder:

Not wishing to worry you but all silver TDI with nothing after it, is the badge associated with a 2.0TDI 110PS 2wd (as below). If the case then possibly fitted in error.

Oh also not the long silencer box running all the way along the back of the bottom edge of the bumper; indicative of the 2wd models

TP

Hi again kesy,

can you remember if the TDI was all silver or did it have a red I at the end :wonder:

Not wishing to worry you but all silver TDI with nothing after it, is the badge associated with a 2.0TDI 110PS 2wd (as below). If the case then possibly fitted in error.

Oh also not the long silencer box running all the way along the back of the bottom edge of the bumper; indicative of the 2wd models

TP

hi thanks for the reply, just looked at the photos and it is silver TD and red I

hi thanks for the reply, just looked at the photos and it is silver TD and red I

Can only assume three things then;

1. Skoda have dropped using the 4x4 logo but I would find that a strange decision

2. they forgot to fit it at the factory

3. the dealer accidentally pulled it off when they removed the plastic transit rap (not well attached at the factory in the first place)

Anyway I would mention it to the dealer,

TP

phoned the dealer today (hayselden skoda of doncaster) my monster has arrived i presume it came into grimsby at the weekend just waiting for my private plates to be put on dealer says approx 12 days but of course other things might interupt the process at dvlc.

Hi KESY can you use Skoda seven day insurance with it taken 12 days for your private plates, I will be in the same position but in oct/nov And it would be nice to know. Pete

Hi KESY can you use Skoda seven day insurance with it taken 12 days for your private plates, I will be in the same position but in oct/nov And it would be nice to know. Pete

hi pete im afraid its a mobility car so insurance not a problem.

My car is pending its personalised plate transfer, the application went into the local DVLA office last Thursday. I envisage a longer wait than normal due to all the holidays/wedding but I certainly hope it is not 12 days. The Skoda 7day free insurance was emailed directly to the dealer last Wednesday and the start date for it is the 28th April ( this coming Thursday). Therefore it will expire midnight on Wednesday 4th May so its fingers crossed the DVLA have completed it by then. My concern is that it translates to only 5 working days for the DVLA. - very tight !

My car is pending its personalised plate transfer, the application went into the local DVLA office last Thursday. I envisage a longer wait than normal due to all the holidays/wedding but I certainly hope it is not 12 days. The Skoda 7day free insurance was emailed directly to the dealer last Wednesday and the start date for it is the 28th April ( this coming Thursday). Therefore it will expire midnight on Wednesday 4th May so its fingers crossed the DVLA have completed it by then. My concern is that it translates to only 5 working days for the DVLA. - very tight !

Blimey Bassa don't think I would have risked any more delays after the long wait, I put my reg on retention, hopefully twentyfive pounds worth of less trauma!!

Best of luck to you I hope it all goes to plan.

Andy

Blimey Bassa don't think I would have risked any more delays after the long wait, I put my reg on retention, hopefully twentyfive pounds worth of less trauma!!

Andy

My trade in Octy's tax expires End April just to complicate matters - I can visualise the Octy handed over, a Yeti sitting in my garage awaiting DVLA paperwork to come through and a loan car for the interim. Far too many holidays ! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Andy

Yes, I put mine on retention too - avoids any deadlines at the crucial handover time.

It costs more - always thought Yorkshire folk were thrifty :giggle:

aye wer thes muck thes brass !

fantastic news pick "lettie" the yeti up on friday afternoon, it seems a shame im going to miss the royal wedding (ha ha ha !).