Got rammed

Had a crunch last week, it is being fixed now, guy turned out of the gate on the right, did not look, saw me too late, panicked hit the gas and then tried to get in between me and the parked car, I was slightly peeved to say the least.

Photos below, his insurance assesor still tried to say it was my fault for a while, the 6 coppers disagreed.

BTW this is in Spain so I was on the right side of the road!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j429/gilesk007/car1-1.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j429/gilesk007/car2-1.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j429/gilesk007/car3-1.jpg

Need new wing, bumper,light and anything else they find when they take that off.

Thanks,I am a moron when to it comes to IT, if only you worked in the body shop where it is currently resting.

No worries-I'm also an IT moron btw, just learnt this from having to do it with my pics! :giggle:

Hope your car gets sorted OK-make sure they check the whole alignment-looks like the front corner got a nasty bang on the wheel!

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Hope it all gets sorted quickly with no stress for you!

On the plus side, it doesn't look too nasty. Well, it looks bad but what i mean is it probably looks worse than it really is. They'll be able to repair that so you'd never know it had been damaged.

These cars are just like Lego blocks the way they are built, the only bits damaged there are all easily removed and replaced.

Hope it all gets sorted for you quickly, luckily both my Octavia and Superb MK2 have survived Madrid unscathed but this year the Superb is being subjected to Salamanca and Seville so who knows.

Hope it all gets sorted for you quickly, luckily both my Octavia and Superb MK2 have survived Madrid unscathed but this year the Superb is being subjected to Salamanca and Seville so who knows.

Thanks Guys, will deffo get them to check everything such as geometry, thats why it went to a main dealer, if anything is not right it will be gracefully returned to them.

The only advice I give people driving here is expect the unexpected, but this guy threw me, I got a call from the garage today, they have taken all the big bits off, the assesor has to come back as they found some nasties they were not expecting.

Update,Ii saw the patient this morning, completly disassembled front end, looks like it will take another week to get it fixed, C4 sedan replacement car , nasty!

Finnaly got he car back 7 out of 10 for the quality of the work, got to take it back, case closed though at least I have my car back. Saw the costings , cost 4 grand to put it right seems a bit steep to me.

Edited by gilesk

• 2 weeks later...

Update, the car is back in the garage, a serious wobble has developed, (not suprising considering the impact was on the wheel!) I am not an expert though. Assesor has to come back and the garage are at a loss to explain it, due to spanish insurance companies cutting back they only repaired the wing and the bumper and not replaced them and Skoda did a half arsed job of it over 10 days, they were told by the assesor not to touch the mechanicals as there was no need, who is at fault here? The assesor or the garage? I am fuming that I was given an unsafe car back and drove my child in it. does this happen in the UK too? Moral of the story, always check what work they have done, in spain they do not have to tell you or show you any paperwork. Well I took a courtesy Fabia, 1.9 diesel, quite nice, feels bigger than it is, off them and have told them they can have it back when I am satisfied.

they were told by the assesor not to touch the mechanicals

The assessor is at fault then, he's instructed them not to touch the mechanicals so they haven't touched them.

Hope that you get it all sorted out :thumbup:

The assessor is at fault then, he's instructed them not to touch the mechanicals so they haven't touched them.

Hope that you get it all sorted out :thumbup:

Yes, good point but should he not take the advice of the garage who are meant to be the real experts?

Without a doubt yes and we'd all hope that's what would happen but legally I'm pretty sure any blame lies at his door.

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks in the garage now and the assesor refusing to pay for the new tie rod and bits and pieces, he says it is not connected with the accident on that wheel and that it was an excisting problem, *****, I have arranged for him to make another visit when I am free from work and make an unexpected appearence to meet him. If i dont post for a while you will know why.

Hello All,

Just got a call from my insurance agent, they said that the ball joint was worn so much that the impact just finished the job and they are not going to pay for something that was just about to fail anyway. anyone know how much ball joints cost? I may have to get this fixed and fight them about it later.

Hello All,

Just got a call from my insurance agent, they said that the ball joint was worn so much that the impact just finished the job and they are not going to pay for something that was just about to fail anyway. anyone know how much ball joints cost? I may have to get this fixed and fight them about it later.

thats down right dirty low handed cheap mofo's hope you get it sorted with these clowns !

The car should be returned to a state it was before the accident as you are not in fault. So it should not have wobble when your driving and the garage should not let you

drive away like that.

Blimey that crash is ridiculous! But the insurance company are being more ridiculous. Have they not seen the picture above where you can clearly see that the car has crashed into your wheel. They sound plain incompetent.

I spent last year in Marbella, driving a Volvo around, and I was truly shocked at the standard of driving over there. One time I was parked up in a space at the side of the road with the engine off talking to someone in the car, when a car drove up behind me and rammed into my car! When I got out he started having a go at me and informed me that if I had moved further forward he wouldn't have driven into me!!! I informed him that if I smacked him in the face it would be his fault for having his face in the way of my fist. What a bell. The number of times I got cut up on the motorway was also disturbing. Horrible drivers!

Anyway, hope you get it sorted. An OE ball joint would probably cost about £20-30, and they are very easy to change. So i'd say £100 max for the job.

P.S. My wife and I want to live in Madrid, it's a cool City.