Yeti Recall

nokiauk

Had a call from my dealer this morning asking me to book my Yeti in for a check on the power steering pump as it may need replaced as part of a warranty recall.

Anyone aware of this or had this recall for their car?

Had a call from my dealer this morning asking me to book my Yeti in for a check on the power steering pump as it may need replaced as part of a warranty recall.

Anyone aware of this or had this recall for their car?

Not me. I wonder if it is just certain cars (maybe built between certain dates)? :wonder:

Does anyone have any more info about this recall? I bought my Yeti through Autofinders (dealer was Telfords in Carlisle) so I'm not sure who would contact me if my car was affected.

It will be a production batch of this Item, so it will be limited number of recalls, & probably not all UK

At least you got a recall notice, on my MK1 Fabia vRS, I only found out that there was a faulty batch of clutches after doing 30k miles & it was slipping in 5th & 6th gear only, the dealer had to dismantle clutch assembly to get the numbers off it to confirm, otherwise it would have cost me around £500.

The recall is called 91G6, and concerns certain Superb II, Octavia II and Yeti cars. It's a simple software update of the steering wheel controller (16) to prevent MF switches, horn etc. from failing. Nothing to worry about, and certainly not replacement of the power steering pump (the Yeti has electrical power steering and therefore no power steering pump :) )

Hope this clears things up :yes:

It's a simple software update of the steering wheel controller (16) to prevent MF switches, horn etc. from failing. Nothing to worry about, and certainly not replacement of the power steering pump (the Yeti has electrical power steering and therefore no power steering pump :) )

Hope this clears things up :yes:

It's a simple software update of the steering wheel controller (16) to prevent MF switches, horn etc. from failing.

As it happens, all the switches on my steering wheel failed the other day. Wonder if this is the same issue.

MFD is currently stuck showing oil temp, and none of the steering-wheel buttons work (volume, audio select, MFD selection, phone).

Cruise control also doesn't work - if I press the top rocker switch (resume/+) the MFD shows a message about convenience button not working.

Wipers and indicators work fine - haven't checked the horn.

Just before it happened, the dash went crazy - basically EVERY warning light on the dash lit up. I nearly **** myself as I was on the motorway at the time. But the engine stayed running perfectly fine. I pulled over and stopped by which time the only warning light left on was the power steering one (all the others had gone out). Turned engine off, then back on again and everything seemed fine - apart from steering wheel buttons.

It'll be going in to be fixed soon, so I'll post back on what the garage says the problem was...

As it happens, all the switches on my steering wheel failed the other day. Wonder if this is the same issue.

MFD is currently stuck showing oil temp, and none of the steering-wheel buttons work (volume, audio select, MFD selection, phone).

Cruise control also doesn't work - if I press the top rocker switch (resume/+) the MFD shows a message about convenience button not working.

Wipers and indicators work fine - haven't checked the horn.

Just before it happened, the dash went crazy - basically EVERY warning light on the dash lit up. I nearly **** myself as I was on the motorway at the time. But the engine stayed running perfectly fine. I pulled over and stopped by which time the only warning light left on was the power steering one (all the others had gone out). Turned engine off, then back on again and everything seemed fine - apart from steering wheel buttons.

It'll be going in to be fixed soon, so I'll post back on what the garage says the problem was...

Ah, I've not had this problem on my Yeti, but a few months back I hired a Golf from Geneva airport. It had exactly the same steering wheel switchgear as the Yeti, and the same maxidot, but I couldn't get the maxidot to function, or use the buttons to control the volume etc on the sound system. Looks like a VAG issue generally, not just the Yeti?

Our power steering failed today, with a red warning light.

After 5 minutes wait, it was all working again, but the car is going in tomorrow to be checked out.

The DSC light stayed on for 20 minutes to indicate that an error had occurred.