2nd service cost?

Well, so far Simpsons want £290 for 2nd service inc pollen filter and brake fuild change, DM Keith want £279 and Benfield want £248. I also rang an Harrogate Audi - "I'm sorry sir we only service Audi's" was the reply - harrumph! :dull:

I called DMKeith Bradford yesterday to arrange a service and they offered me the 2yr service plan for £299 (which includes half price MoTs for the period also), strange they didn't offer you that: http://www.skoda.co.uk/GBR/Documents/19538_SK_Used_Car_Service_Plan.pdf

She said that because I "need" brake fluid and pollen filter changing it wouldn't be worth my while. How much is a half price MOT btw?

But that is part of the official Year 2 servicing anyway isn't it? It is built into the £299 costs.

She said that because I "need" brake fluid and pollen filter changing it wouldn't be worth my while. How much is a half price MOT btw?

Well, their (DMK's) official price is around £60(!), but they've currently got an offer on so it'd be "only" £45. When it's included in the 2yr plan you get them for £29.

Well it's booked in to DK Keith Leeds - out of practicality more than anything - she quoted me a reasonable price until I mentioned the service offer which she then suddenly remembered about! So I'm going for the £299 two service deal - which includes my brake fluid doing. MOT's are indeed £45 - she'd never heard of doing a half price one. I did ask if she'd match the price of my local garage who charge £29 but she said she's have to ask the service manager; so we will see on that score

Well it's booked in to DK Keith Leeds - out of practicality more than anything - she quoted me a reasonable price until I mentioned the service offer which she then suddenly remembered about! So I'm going for the £299 two service deal - which includes my brake fluid doing. MOT's are indeed £45 - she'd never heard of doing a half price one. I did ask if she'd match the price of my local garage who charge £29 but she said she's have to ask the service manager; so we will see on that score

How bizarre, might be worth calling the Bradford branch just to clarify the MoT offer.

I dropped the car off this morning. Behind the girl at the service desk was a big poster advertising just how fair DM Keiths are. On that poster was an advert that read: Free MOT's if you take out a service plan for the life of the service plan. Ooo good I thought. "So do I get a free MOT then seeing as though I've bought a service plan?" Reply (after some talking in the back room) "Err no you only get that if you buy a DM Keith service plan with a new car." "Yeah but a new car doesn't need an MOT for three years?" "Well you get a free one after the three years"

Hmm - not that fair methinks. Utter rubbish I think.

Got a lift back from the garage in a lovely old Felicia driven by some kid who insisted on holding the steering wheel at its base with only one hand. I say lovely, it was dirty and the drivers side window was off it's regulator and stuck open a quater. I made sure he didn't drop me off somewhere where I could be seen. :giggle:

Well what a farce yestereday - "Hi, your car is ready" Great. After waiting two hours at the dealers I was less than happy!! Anyway, I asked about the paintwork and corrosion issues I had pointed out.

"We won't replace your wheel centres because it's just wear and tear" - a car that's three years old, done just 19.5k and is garaged!

"We've had a look at the fog light surround (where the paint had just flaked off once whilst I washed it as it hasn't been painted properly and the paint is so thin) and it's just a stone chip" No it blumming isn't - I saw it flake off with my own eyes!

Worse though was the dealers idea with another customers car - See the Diagnosis section!!!

Didn't even bother entertaining them having been rejected the free MOT's offer.

Going to go to my usual where it's £29

Out of interest, how do they make that work on a long-term offer basis? Seeing as the official fee is currently £54.85?

Loss-leader on the basis that other work might be required?

I guess so - last time I needed an MOT was several years ago but I "needed" my headlights adjusting - that cost me £10! Plus the retest fee (if taken away) is £27.99. Plus the cheap fee gets people through the door so that'll make most more likley to go back. Thankfully I now know someone who works there now, so no spurious headlight adjustments next time! :)