LE on Holiday in the Scottish Highlands

nice trip there :thumbup:, some good pics. how u manage 42mpg out of a petrol vrs :p, u must have a steady right foot :D

Some say its boring? scenary was lovely, cruse control and steady all the away oh! and on 95Ron. Acutally got 42.9 but didnt get a photograph. :o

Looks like Loch Ness, Skye, and was that the bridge at Kylesku? B)

Correct on the last one the Bridge at Kylesku beats the ferry any day......you will have to go futher north for the other ones.

Correct on the last one the Bridge at Kylesku beats the ferry any day......you will have to go futher north for the other ones.

Sunset over Cape Wrath taken across Balnakeil Bay. Kyle of Tongue taken on the causeway A838 north coast my favouret place, peace and quite I recommend it to anyone

Edited by a_Duncan

I`m planning a trip upto the Highlands this summer and after seeing those pics i can`t wait to get on the road :) it`s going to be awesome :)

Phil.

Just watch out for the camera vans on the A9, they things are all over the place now.

Sure it was better back in the day before the kylesku bridge!!...it was more of an adventure on the dodgy old ferry:)

K:)

Hmm a lot faster now over the bridge...........Always touch and go whether the ferry was at the side that you wanted.....and if you missed the last one it was a drive home and try again the next day or travel around..lol

We did stop off at the slipway no ferry and the post office was closed,Could have raided it as no one about..............lol would you believe it!! a garden shed

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/a_duncan/The%20Scotish%20Highlands/DSCF1747.jpg

Edited by a_Duncan

Sure us highlanders dont worry about it being faster!! The fun was coming back from kinlochbervie on a fri and not knowing whether the boat had stopped!!...No prob just stay in the hotel and get leggless!! Plus it took a whole five mins to get to the other side on the boat!!:)

K:)

So are you insinuating that we, up in the north of Scotland are un - civilised???? :D

I think that some of the Local Locals are LOCO.....but if Croydon and the big cities are civilisation....you can stuff it right up your :moon:

So are you insinuating that we, up in the north of Scotland are un - civilised???? :D

Not at all....love Durness and spending time on the croft with my relatives its a shame i cant spend more time up there but work is work and i know what i would rather do, Back up there for the highland gathering end of july looking forward to it, may even wear the kilt, no photos though :giggle: .....and yes am from scotland born and bred :thumbup:

Edited by a_Duncan

Couple of Pics from a recent 1300mile round trip in the Highlands

DSCF3440-1.jpg

DSCF3420-1.jpg

DSCF3425-1.jpg

DSCF3435-1.jpg

And for Brimma?

DSCF3435-1.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

Just for the record.... Its really petrol!!!!!...... :thumbup:

DSCF3577-1.jpg

Shame I had to come back to civilisation :(

just bringing the pics to life very nice still love that colour !! good effort on the mpg front too :thumbup:

Couple of Pics from a recent 1300mile round trip in the Highlands

DSCF3440-1.jpgDSCF3420-1.jpgDSCF3425-1.jpgDSCF3435-1.jpg

And for Brimma?

DSCF3435-1.jpgDSCF3466.jpg

Just for the record.... Its really petrol!!!!!...... :thumbup:

DSCF3577-1.jpg

Shame I had to come back to civilisation :(