Monte Carlo tax disc holder

Hi all,

Just 'constructed' this tax disc holder for my Monte, a a black Richbrook aluminium holder and genuine Monte badge (rocking horse poop to get hold of!!). What's your thoughts?

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Hmm, maybe I am getting old but it looks like something that has been cobbled together - which it has. I am sure I did something similar when I was young(er) but why go to a this trouble for your tax disc? Looks naff to me.

You'll be slinging purple neon under the sills next...

Hmm, maybe I am getting old but it looks like something that has been cobbled together - which it has. I am sure I did something similar when I was young(er) but why go to a this trouble for your tax disc? Looks naff to me.

You'll be slinging purple neon under the sills next...

Already done, FYI though I fitted green neons..... Oh, by the way Whitelighter Im not sure why you are looking at this post, a Monte Carlo sounds a little tropical for your taste... You stick with something a little more plain looking grandad

Edited by bigantg

where did you get the badge?

Skoda parts dept at my local stealer.... Ordered it & it took a few days, £4.50 per badge

Why ask for opinions on an open forum if you are going to be offended if (when) someone doesn't like it? You asked opinions and got them.

What you said was a little mean-spirited though mate. I mean, most people seeing that in the car would assume it was a bought item. If he'd somehow drawn a monte logo himself then fair do's but it all looks the part. The first thing i do in any car is rip out the crappy dealer fitted one and fit somw sort of richbrook holder. The devil is in the details.

Looks OK will suit the Monte's boy racer look, that's not in any way derogatory and it does look shop bought, great job mate, and should be easy to replicate in the vrs just get the badges, I may get the skoda logo andstick it on the back , once again thumbs up!!!!!

Why ask for opinions on an open forum if you are going to be offended if (when) someone doesn't like it? You asked opinions and got them.

I understand its an open forum but all it takes is a simple 'it's not my cup of tea'. Why of why do some people on forums just bitch & moan for the sakes of it? I hardly think taking care & having some pride in a new car by adding something a little different calls for sh*te like 'you'll be adding neons next....'

I don't think so mate.

What you said was a little mean-spirited though mate. I mean, most people seeing that in the car would assume it was a bought item. If he'd somehow drawn a monte logo himself then fair do's but it all looks the part. The first thing i do in any car is rip out the crappy dealer fitted one and fit somw sort of richbrook holder. The devil is in the details.

Well said bud and thanks.... Your completely right, would people prefer I drive round with a nasty oversized white tax holder that was advertising the supplying dealer like a 'billboard' on my windscreen? Same as the HUGE external glass dealer sticker that was on my rear window? Some people just have no taste B) lol

Hi I have removed my dealer sticker as looks better without it, some advise though cos ive done it myself lol, don't get sucked into table tennis slangin matches ain't worth it m8, just take all reply's with sack of salt,and you'll reap the rewards most if not nearly all liked your very well made car tax holder and if it was shop bought talking at least £20 so well done!!

For those of you wo did like my creation then I have an identical disc holder & badge for sale if anyone wants to buy it for their Monte?? £20 delivered which is just under what it cost me!