Popped my Zaino cherry!

richie

Well, after months of deliberation, I finaly got round to doing the deed :smirk:

I used Mrs Stigs car as a "test bed" (60 plate Ferbi Mk2 vRS in race blue with a white roof) and was most pleased with the results. Sadly no pictures, but I used the following stuff....

Zaino car shampoo

Clayed with the shampoo as a lube (1 cap mixed with water)

1 coat of All in One

2 coats of Z2 with Z6 wipe downs between

1 coat of Z5, Z6 wipe down

Sealed with Z8

I did the usual snow foam pre wash and wheels cleaned with some new Bilberry, tyres dressed with Megs Hot Wheels and glass cleaned with Megs glass cleaner. I used Zaino pads and cloths for application and buffing the polishes and wipe downs.

Overall, I was very impressed. A few areas to improve, but the car looks great and SWMBO is happy, so thats all that matters B)

Next, a full detail on my Octi vRS....... :p

Great pictures, ( just like bin laden unless there is pictures---- :dull::giggle:

:rofl:

Come on Richie, you can't post something like that up without some pics......... :o

I'll try, I'm not too good with all this photobucket stuff :(

Good choice on the Zaino its excellent stuff especially in the winter.

Few comments if i may i use Zaino everyday on clients cars.

There is no need to do Z2 and Z5 and also there isnt any need to do a Z6 wipedown before Z8.

Z5 has some fillers in it, Z2 doesnt and really needs to be on perfect paint to appreciate it.

My method would be:

After your initial wash and clay if needed

Z5 mixed with ZFX and apply a coat then buff wipe down with Z6, apply another coat then buff when ready Z6 wipedown, then another coat buff and Z8 this time to wipe it down. :thumbup:

Good choice on the Zaino its excellent stuff especially in the winter.

Few comments if i may i use Zaino everyday on clients cars.

There is no need to do Z2 and Z5 and also there isnt any need to do a Z6 wipedown before Z8.

Z5 has some fillers in it, Z2 doesnt and really needs to be on perfect paint to appreciate it.

My method would be:

After your initial wash and clay if needed

Z5 mixed with ZFX and apply a coat then buff wipe down with Z6, apply another coat then buff when ready Z6 wipedown, then another coat buff and Z8 this time to wipe it down. :thumbup:

I do have the ZFX kit, just trying to suss it out with regard to correct measurements etc (I is a bit of a thickie :S ) and may use it on my car when I get a day off without baking hot sunshine..... Also, what wax, if any can you use with Zaino, I've got Collinite 915, AG High Def and Zymol classic.