Hibernation

Hi guys, well for one reason and another I haven't driven my Octavia for over a month now!

It doesn't look like I'll be taking it out for a few more weeks yet and I was wondering if the car goes into a hibernation mode? I know some Porsches have this. Concerned I walked past it yesterday and unlocked and locked it again just to remind it that I'm still here and I still care!

On another note it's covered in a thick layer of dust and I'm a 30 minute drive back to the 'rents house where the hosepipe is!!!

No I haven't been posting a lot lately - every now and again but I've been looking on the Ka side of things as that's the one that breaks on a daily basis! :giggle:

Hi guys, well for one reason and another I haven't driven my Octavia for over a month now!

It doesn't look like I'll be taking it out for a few more weeks yet and I was wondering if the car goes into a hibernation mode? I know some Porsches have this. Concerned I walked past it yesterday and unlocked and locked it again just to remind it that I'm still here and I still care!

On another note it's covered in a thick layer of dust and I'm a 30 minute drive back to the 'rents house where the hosepipe is!!!

Just beware that the brake discs will rust disproportionally under the pads, especially if you had last driven on salted roads, so you might notice some brake vibration when you do take it out. The effect can last a long time, it took mine several thousand miles to wear back evenly.

You can put the car into transport mode with VCDS, otherwise put it onto axle stands and take the wheels inside full inflated. You can put a bag around each brake to stop the damp. I would also charge the battery each month.

I'll have to take it out soon, I have no access to tools or power but thankfully its parking place is warm and dry. Probably should have left the handbrake off though.

I'll have to take it out soon, I have no access to tools or power but thankfully its parking place is warm and dry. Probably should have left the handbrake off though.

I think if its in a warm dry garage then it will be fine, I left mine outside for 5 weeks and it rusted solid, had to really rev the car to break the pads clear. What does the hibernation mode do? does it use less battery power?

I don't know but I know that my friends Porker has it and he didn't know and had to get it 'woken up' before it would work again. He's on his hols atm so i can't ask him. He told me about it ages ago.