Dealers who chip...

So... I've had the VRS for a few days now.

It has about 100 miles on the clock and I've barely got used to driving it, but already I'm wondering about dealer-approved (i.e. warranty friendly) chipping.

I know people have (with other VAG cars) been able to get remapping done at their dealers without affecting their warranty but I assume this depends on the dealer, varies in cost, and I've no idea who (if anyone) does it for the Fabia.

I assume for now, since the REVO and Shark maps are fairly new, that there aren't any dealers offering this sort of thing.

But will it become likely in the future?

Rainworth Motors in Mansfield offer Revo - they did my Mk1 vRS when I got it from them and there demo MKII vRS as also been done. They did say they may struggle on the "newer" ecu when I asked.

Shark Performance, also in Mansfield, offer the same and I think they can do all ages of ecu :thumbup:

there is another thread somewhere that explains better

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/200831-stage-12-remap-now-installed-on-the-vrs/

as for it being Dealer friendly...dunno mate, sorry B)

The key thing is warranty friendly.

If there's no such thing, then I'll wait until the end of my warranty - but I know dealer-friendly remaps are available - perhaps not from VAG group though.

The key thing is warranty friendly.

If there's no such thing, then I'll wait until the end of my warranty - but I know dealer-friendly remaps are available - perhaps not from VAG group though.

Unfortunately there is no such thing for VAG, regardless of whether a dealer offers it or not.

Unfortunately there is no such thing for VAG, regardless of whether a dealer offers it or not.

Bugger. Well thanks for the conclusive answer.

I suppose the other question is, does the Superchips warranty suitably replace the manufacturer's warranty (which would become void upon chipping) or is it not really much cop.

Does anyone have any experience of claiming on a Superchips warranty?

L

What ive been told about superchips is its a do it your self on and off switch.

Plug it and turn on then if you need to turn it off for what ever reason you just plug it in and turn it off...

I might be wrong so dont hold me too it lol

superchips couldnt bypass the ECU encryptions when i last spoke to them.

Ive never claimed from Superchips however i did change from them to shark performance on my last car because they couldnt get my map right. so not only does the bluefin handset not work, they cant even piggy back it to bypass the code

Get yourself to shark performance, it'll be worth it

Edited by janner_Sy

they have no affiliation with VW or VAG as a brand so it will invalidate your manufacturer warranty. They are providing you with their own VWRacing warranty though which is NOT the manufacturers warranty. they also state it is only for a stage 1 remap

Edited by janner_Sy

A Quote from their website

So confident are we, that all Stage 1 Power Upgrades fitted to vehicles still under manufacturer's warranty will be covered under the VWR warranty - giving you complete peace of mind. Note, this only applies to UK customers

but if their warranty is equal to that of VW then it doesnt matter,

Edited by janner_Sy

Yeah found it here now:

Is manufacturer's warranty affected?

Yes, for those aspects of the engine and drivetrain that the manufacturer can prove were affected by any upgrade, any warranty claim will be rejected. All other aspects of the vehicle’s warranty should remain unaffected. Any parts from our range that are faulty or incorrectly installed will be replaced by us. Please note that this range of parts is intended for use within the United Kingdom, if you intend to use the car elsewhere it is your responsibility to establish the situation with regard to your manufacturer/other warranty.

Edited by Kablam