Pioneer DEH4700MP

Goodas

Anyone have one of these in their fabia?

I like the DEHP77MP that most people seem to have gone for, but its almost twice as much money and you dont seem to get many more features (feel free to correct me if im wrong).

I know this one has quite a bright display, but tbh i think the fabia dash is a bit dark at the moment.

anyway you can see the 4700 here

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=9928&taxonomy_id=25-121

I must admit, i like the skoda green buttons...appreciate your opinions :thumbup:

What you get with the 77mp compared to the 4700mp are:

- 3 sets of pre-out instead of one. If you ever want to amp the unit, this will give you much more flexibility and potential sound quality.

- high pass and low pass filters. If you change the speakers for some decent components and add a sub, then you need filtering which is offered from inside the unit. You can alwasy have filtering done externally, but it will be more expensive and not as effective

There are other differences, but those are the two main ones I'd point out from a sound quality point of view.

HTH :)

Excuss me if this is a stupid question, but according to the brochure in the fab vrs it has 8 speakers. So how would it be wired up as those units as they only have 4 speaker outputs?

Just not changed too many head units to know too much about them.

Excuss me if this is a stupid question' date=' but according to the brochure in the fab vrs it has 8 speakers. So how would it be wired up as those units as they only have 4 speaker outputs?

Just not changed too many head units to know too much about them.[/quote']

The wiring for the speakers will have a resistor inbetween the midrange cone & tweeter to allow the applicable frequencies to pass.

Kitsch-- Thankyou for the advice! I guess you confirmed i'm better off getting the cheaper one as i plan on keeping everything else standard...no point paying for something i wont use :) Has anyone ever seen as much tech jargon as on those websites :confused:

Tfboy-- I like them both, nice that you can plug in an ipod or something too. Do you think someone at pioneer has a skoda vrs, I am loving the green.

Anyone seen the sony line-up, they wouldnt suit the fabia at all IMO.

Anyway, i should be getting it fitted on saturday if its in stock..so i'll tell you how it looks.

The shop i go to said its an extra

More HU's the merrier Flatfour,

i really like it, pioneer have good design at the moment, seems like it has everything you could need?

Yet again its a very good price on lowcostcaraudio.

Will you be using the remote control, thats just silly :rolleyes2

Have you seen this one...Pioneer FHP4100R

THis is your captain, fabia ready for takeoff :cool: