Changed headunit tonight... Now central locking isn't working! help!

Hey guys needing some advice. I got my headunit changed tonight and now my central locking isn't working from the fob. My mate is a fully trained installer for Halfords and he's kind of stumped with what may be wrong and is having to phone his Tech dept tomorrow. Was just wondering if anyone has came across this before?.

My first thought is quite simply that there's a connection been disconnected or another thought is that somehow the sensor for the central locking is somehow wired in with the audio system there was a loom supplied with the headunit (Philips CEM 2000B DAB CD/MP3), but other than that i have no idea.

Any thoughts/advice would be helpful

cheers folks

:)

Try disconecting pin 1 from the ISO power connectore. It's a diagnostic line, and is only required for the stock headunit. Shouldn't stop te central locking though.

we never installed the supplied loom and used the stock connection so im wondering if that may be the prob.

Thanks very much ill suggest that to him :)

Also expect radio reception to be poor unless your Halfords chap has installed a power injector for the aerial base amplifier too.

Edited by mbames

Thanks for all the advice folks. My mate has fitted all the headunits ive ever owned and he's never let me down. The install of the stereo went with no hitches i just cant work out why the central locking wouldn't be working now. Never had a problem with it before so it can only be something to do with the stereo install, Oh well will see if his Tech Dept come up with anything.

cheers again :)

... Shouldn't stop te central locking though.

It can. Well document on this site in the past, and other Golf mk.4 sites.

Power surge down the diagnostic line can disable central locking and immobiliser.

Book the car in with Skoda a dealer to re-code the door locks.

They will need to plug it into a diagnostic computer and re-set a whole bunch of error codes and 'reboot' the central locking a system.

I don't think there's a documented way to do this with VAGCOM