Is this a worthwhile mod?

which piece of the exhaust dose this actury replace? is it the centre and dose away with a silencer?

yes and it is good to do i took mine out and used same pipe.... i now have a full straight pipe with decat..

Looks like it's just a straight through pipe to directly replace the resonator.

The standard cat-back system is one-piece, so you'd have to cut it in half. There are dimples on the standard exhaust to show where to cut it, as the standard exhaust is only available in two parts from Skoda as a replacement part.

I'd imagine you'd gain a bit more noise, but doubt you'd notice any power change.

It's cheap and simple, if you just need to replace that section though. As the bracket on that section always falls off the standard pipe due to corrosion. But for the effort involved in fitting it you may as well go for the full cat-back. Bear in mind the pipe in the ad is only mild steel, so might not last so long.

The standard cat-back isn't really restrictive, in comparison to the downpipe which is mega restrictive. So an aftermarket cat-back system will give more noise, and an aftermarket downpipe/cat will give more power.

I thought the standard exhaust was in 3 parts? downpipe with cat, then centre pipe with box in it, then rear silencer with box?

no 2 parts and a bitch to get out....

Get it on a ramp and have a look at some very fancy exhaust mounts. Its actually quite impressive how level it sits under the car but I would imagine not an easy job to get off.

Some good points. Think I'll give this a miss. Would a decat make more noise?

Yes a decat will give more noise because it is less restrictive and better design than std downpipe so also benefit better exhaust flow. Will fail MOTs though.