Multidot wont go to setup mode

Hi

Newbie to Skoda's having just picked up my Fabia Greenline last week.

looking in the handbook, and yes some blokes do read handbooks, there is mention of other functions being selectable on the multidot. Problem is when i press the button on the stalk for "longer then 1 second" nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing? or does this function not work on the Greenline?

p.s. 350 miles done and already seeing 60mpg on my commute to work

but the manual says you can on pg 23.....hmmmm maybe a call to the dealer is required.

Think there is some confusion. I could be wrong but my understanding is that there are three diplay types, Maxidot (standard on VRS and Elegance, option on other specs), the trip computer on the Greenline, and the trip computer on the other models. I belive that only the Maxidot display has access to any setup information.

Hi

Newbie to Skoda's having just picked up my Fabia Greenline last week.

looking in the handbook, and yes some blokes do read handbooks, there is mention of other functions being selectable on the multidot. Problem is when i press the button on the stalk for "longer then 1 second" nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing? or does this function not work on the Greenline?

p.s. 350 miles done and already seeing 60mpg on my commute to work

Just checking - are you pressing the reset switch on the bottom of the stalk as I believe you need to hold down the rocker switch at the end of the stalk for >1second (which I found out by accident as I hadn't read the manual first!). On the elegance, you can change language, check vehicle status and switch the display on or off. No other functions apart from that.

yep pressing the swith at the end, tried the other one too but that just zerod my counter. Also tried in in both memory 1 and 2. with the key in/out, on/off and engine running. :S

running out of ideas, a colleague has the same model so I think I will check theirs tomorrow.

Yes, but can it be hacked by VAGCOM???? to reveal extra functions like win7?? :S

Apparently if you hack it with vagcom unit, you can get heads up display,night vision and cloaking device, and will call you David hasselhoff lol

Apparently if you hack it with vagcom unit, you can get heads up display,night vision and cloaking device, and will call you David hasselhoff lol

Does it reveal a red LED strip light that chases back and forth and goes Wooo, Woooo....I want one!!! Yes Michael!! B)

A

Micheal yes, names itself kit apparently and speaks proper English

K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand) With D.H. playing Michael Knight......I still want one of those jet fighter style steering wheels!!!! and all the lights on the dash......although we have tv screens, heads-up display, night vision, satnav, automatic parking, computers with mobile online etc installed (or can be) in a car these days....it still looks cooler in the old TV series..... B)

Edited by fabdavrav

By briefly pressing the reset button you can switch over from the trip counter to the kilometre counter.

If you hold the reset button for about 1 second, the trip counter is set back to zero.

If you hold the reset button for longer than 3 seconds, a display regarding the kilometres still to be driven and the days until the following service interval appears. (The trip counter is not set back)

To activate the menu by pressing the rocker switch for about 4 seconds

The selected information is displayed after releasing the rocker switch

You can select the following information (depending on the equipment installed on the vehicle):

MFD

VEH STATUS

NAVIGATION

LANGUAGE

DISPLAY OFF

Selecting the menu point DISPLAY OFF the display is switched off.

Press the rocker switch for more than 1 second to switch the display on again.

VEH STATUS flashes in the menu if there is something which is not in proper order on the vehicle

(e.g. warning of a low fuel level)

After changing to VEH STATUS the first of the warnings is shown and you can then also show other operating states with the rocker switch (e.g. washer fluid level low)