Clarification of options

Right, time has come for company car change - currently have an Octavia 1.9 TDi Ambiente Estate and really want to keep an estate. The best BMW I can get on my list is either the 318d ES saloon or 316d ES Touring so I am still quite tempted at a Superb Estate and living with the slight increase in company car tax (depending upon spec). The other alternatives would be Passat Estate (too many about, bit common :giggle: ), Passat CC (only basic spec tho :thumbdown: ), Seat Exeo SE Lux saloon (if I could get an estate I'd go for that), Audi A4 saloon (basic spec only) or a plethora of well spec'd Audi A3s (S-Line etc, will be a real drop in size from an Octy)

So it's either the tax dodging Greenline II Estate or 2.0 140 SE Estate ( :thumbup: ) - still undecided.

However, going through some of the options/features on our lease companies ordering system, I could do with some clarification on what they actually mean, any help would be great:

1. CatVision: What the hell is this?
  2. Height adjustable front armrest with jumbo box includes time & temperature display: time and temp on the armrest?
  3. Parcel shelf - retractable: £50 option: does the parcel shelf not roll back then like my Octavia one?
  4. Upgraded sound system: Is it any good? Worth £270

Thanks in advance peoples!

:)

CatVision is a pair of small LEDs in the headlining giving a pleasant glow to the front gear shift and buttons.

The armrest has a clock and temp display at the rear for backseat passengers. There is also a 12v outlet built in. The armrest lifts up and down on a ratchet and also slides back and forth. The Jumbo box is great for storage.

Not sure about the parcel shelf. Mine retracts.

Yes to the 10 speakers upgrade. You get an vastly superior amp located under the front passenger seat. I heard both standard and mine. No contest, worth the money.

Phil

CatVision: What the hell is this?

- In_Car illumination (2x LED where the sunglasses holder is, pointing down, 1x LED in each door-pull to help you find it)

Height adjustable front armrest with jumbo box includes time & temperature display: time and temp on the armrest?

- Clock & Temp displayed for rear passengers

Parcel shelf - retractable: £50 option: does the parcel shelf not roll back then like my Octavia one?

- £50 makes your shelf retract when you open the boot, half way, without pressing the shelf (like the elec boot does too)

Upgraded sound system: Is it any good? Worth £270

- Some say yes... some say no... I've not got it, so cant comment!

Hope it helps & Best of Luck!

Al.

This is my understanding of;

2. The time and temperature display is on the back of the armrest for the benefit of the rear seat poassengers.

3. Retractable Parcel Shelf. I beleive the standard parcel shelf retracts when you touch it in two stages. The £50 option one, automatically opens to the half way point when the boot is opened.

Top replies guys :thumbup:

Picking up a brochure over the weekend and will go and have a sit in one (haven't as yet!).

Depending what the colours are like may go for a white one with Trifid alloys, Sunset glass and Upgraded Sound System (don't need or want any other options) - although the Pacific Blue could be a second choice.

Does anyone know if the armrest / jumbo box has an aux input (for my iPod)?

Does anyone know if the armrest / jumbo box has an aux input (for my iPod)?

I think It'll have a 3.5mm port, but you'll need MDI if you want full iPod control from the head unit....

Al.

PS. Front parking Sensors maybe (ARE!!) handy due to the length of the car...

Edited by ukcruiser

Unfortunately gents only have a limited budget (monthly lease) - with standard paint only have around £560 to play with hence the speakers and sunset glass.

Anyone got any pics of a CandY White estate with sunset glass?

I'd have the front sensors over the speakers.... and i'd had MDI over the Sunset Glass, and buy a set of these instead... (altho i do have Sunset glass and it looks kewl, i may be investing in a set of shades, and it is'nt very dark...)

Al.

Thanks Al

Shades are great - I have a set in my Octy at the minute. To be honest, now my twins are older (nearly 6 years old) they are more keen to look out the windows, I find the shades do restrict them slightly as they are constantly asking for me to take them off (which I refuse to do :giggle: )

Might have a think over the front sensors though? Never had a problem with my Octy, think the fact that it's an Estate does help as I know exactly where the car finishes. Saying that the Superb is a full 30cm or so longer but the front overhang is only 5cm longer so may not be a problem.

Heated washer nozzles worth a look. Mine I think were 35 quid.

I would also consider the full-size spare and tool set. Another cheap add-on. 65 quid if I remember rightly.

Phil

What spare do you get on the Superb - the online specs/options may it look like you get a mixture of steel spare, space saver and repair kit. :S

What spare do you get on the Superb - the online specs/options may it look like you get a mixture of steel spare, space saver and repair kit. :S

Standard equipment is no spare just a gas canister full of mastic gooey stuff to hopefully block up a puncture. You don't even get a jack.

The option gives you a full-size steel wheel that can be run normally plus a jack wheel brace etc.

Phil

Thanks Phil

Will take a look - (touch wood) can't ever say I've had a puncture but still better to have a backup rather than a can of gunk!

Si

My new S spec has catvision- despite SUK site saying it is only on SE and Elegance. I also have illuminated front footwell. Rear footwell and door handles arent iluminated on the S version. Dont have hight adjustable centre armrest but so what- I dont have height adjustable arms either!

Jumbo box has a 3.5mm socket in it which works quite well with ipod etc, although as mentioned by othersyou cant control the ipod through the radio unless you updagrade to MDI and cables (which puts the Ipod connector in the glovebox as far as I can see)

If the budget is tight consider S and add cruise and rear sensors as I did- has both tax and ongoing lease cost benefits without paying for "extras" I didnt want or need on the SE version. Given the length of the Superb rear sensors are a must IMHO

This looks very similar to what I was doing a few months ago, when I specified my SE Estate company car. I opted for the 2.0 140 TDI over the 1.6 Greenline II, because I wanted the extra 'wafatability' of the larger engine, especially when travelling loaded up with passengers and luggage and the Greenline's 5-speed gearbox just seems a bit naff, after driving 6-speed cars for a few years.

As for the other extras, it all depends what floats your own individual boat. For me, an upgraded sound system is always the very first box ticked. I spend a long time in the car, so, after the engine, drivetrain and seats, it is the next most important thing on the whole car. In fact that was another reason for binning the Greenline choice, since that option cannot be had with the Greenline, due to the increased weight of the amplifier and heavier, upgraded speakers. The next box ticked was the heated windscreen. Having had one before, I cannot imagine life without one. Less of an issue if your car is garaged at night, though.

53e2a5a0-2b25-18c7.jpg

Here you got mine in candywhite and sunset windows. I do picked every option except panorama roof (I hate the extra load on the roof), options are so cheap at Skoda :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez that looks smart :thumbup: Obviously mine won't have those wheels (are they RS6 replicas?)

Makes me even more sure of what i want. I've dropped the lease company an email questioning lead times :rofl::giggle: as mine runs out 5th August!!

Spoke to a fellow Superb driver this aft (2.0 Elegance) - he categorically stated that I wouldn't be disappointed.

Exactly the same Jim - spend a lot of time in the car and like to have my creature comforts hence i prefer the SE spec - just out of interest what are the seats like? My Octy (standard) seats are pretty supportive round the ribs but less so near the legs. I'd be keen to hear what the comfort levels are like?

Think I will defo have the sunset glass but then toying with:

Sound system / Hill Hold & TPM / Heated Windscreen

Can have only 1 of the above, not all - think it will be the sounds !!!!

Now where do I order a Briskoda sticker from??? Let's get one early!

This looks very similar to what I was doing a few months ago, when I specified my SE Estate company car. I opted for the 2.0 140 TDI over the 1.6 Greenline II, because I wanted the extra 'wafatability' of the larger engine, especially when travelling loaded up with passengers and luggage and the Greenline's 5-speed gearbox just seems a bit naff, after driving 6-speed cars for a few years.

As for the other extras, it all depends what floats your own individual boat. For me, an upgraded sound system is always the very first box ticked. I spend a long time in the car, so, after the engine, drivetrain and seats, it is the next most important thing on the whole car. In fact that was another reason for binning the Greenline choice, since that option cannot be had with the Greenline, due to the increased weight of the amplifier and heavier, upgraded speakers. The next box ticked was the heated windscreen. Having had one before, I cannot imagine life without one. Less of an issue if your car is garaged at night, though.

Edited by Coops

MDI powers the iPod too. It's worth the money IMO.

Phil

Agree with that! - I've got an extension lead so i can use my iPad :)

It's not just a USB extension tho, it was about 45 quid! - But again, worth it :yes:

Al.

Right gents - we're nearly there :)

Quote/order has been completed online and sent to Fleet Mgr -once approved order will be placed :thumbup:

Superb Estate 2.0 TDi CR SE - Candy White with sunset glass and heated front seats.