Tyres On 18s

Got a chance to get some 18" lms at a good price but what tyre size do I need? 205/35s???? If I need to buy tyres it's not worth it if u don't kerching.

You'll probably regret putting 18's on such a small car. I've had 18's before on a passat (16" standard), and I regretted it.

The lower profile tyres mean that you pay a bomb to get good ones, plus they tramline more. They're also harder on bumps, and are more likely to break-out into a sideways slide because there is less tyrewall to flex. They do look the business though :D

The lower profile tyres mean that you pay a bomb to get good ones, plus they tramline more. They're also harder on bumps, and are more likely to break-out into a sideways slide because there is less tyrewall to flex. They do look the business though :D

Exactly. It does bring lots of stiffness and roughness to the ride. But since this car is a hobby of mine (it's such a wonderful excuse for putting money in it, don't you think? :rofl: ) I'll pay more for the tyres. Although I didn't get the most expensive ones, because I like to spend a little more on my winter tyres (friction, not studs, Nokia Hakkapeliitta R).

And what comes to the roughness of the ride, that's exactly what I'm after. I've lowered the chassis as low as possible with these wheels, and have set the dampeners to their stiffest position. Also I just ordered a rear ARB and am going to order a strut brace for the front from my local dealer today. The stiffer the ride, the better ;)

I'll try to get some pics of the car when I get it back, have it currently parked at my employers parking lot and have a truck on me instead B)

(Ming my English grammar, I'm from Finland ;) )

Finland eh, I bet the roads over there are much better than the UK, i.e full of potholes!

After the winter we had this year, the UK's roads are in the worst condition I have seen in my life. Boooo!

I bet it's as bad here as it is there mate, couldn't get on my own yard with my car in the spring :dull:

The motorways are still full of signs warning about unusually big pits and such. Just need to get more power to compensate the loss of avg mph caused by the braking ;)

18's are trash on a fabia

Looks like a roller skate

Have to disagree with this mate, but hey, can't like everything :D

2 pics of the 18's below though, click them for bigger pics:

tn_gallery_40464_91_51062.jpg

tn_gallery_40464_91_498713.jpg

Guest BigJase88

I had 10 sets of wheels on my vrs

3 x 16's

6 x 17's

1 x 18's

Needless to say the 18's lasted a weekend, bloody aweful handling / slow as a week in the jail / looked terrible / scrubbed everywhere / back breaking