Not Been about much.

Well around jan a mk2 jetta GTI 16v came in my view for a lump sum of £500, was an MOT failure on wheelbearings brakes steering rack and a few electrical gremlins so i thought it would give it a bash! i had a jetta as my first car an was fun to drive so forked up the cash.

Only problem was it was located in doncaster ;) oh well, few emails and Ben from Shark managed to trailor it down for a good price, when he got to mine he was keen to remap the furby but i had just given him the cash to move the car.

Had a look at it that weekend, No Service history, Knackered clutch, brakes where shot to buggery so the work begain :thumbup:

New steering rack, new Brake M/C, 2 front wheel bearings, drisks and pads on the front, new rear calipers, new battery, then off to my mates garage to get it an MOT and change the Cambelt and clutch.....

photo-1.jpg

after 10 hours doing the clutch sat and bleed the brakes through yesterday i managed to drive it home! threw a bucket over it and went about drving it round to find all the niggles. needs a new oil seal on the dizzy, a bit of welding on the battery tray but it just a genral tidy up by the looks of things!

Got a new Dashboard, new handle set, new battery tray to be welded in, new UJ boot for the steering rack, with plenty more to come.

photo-2.jpg

If this oil seal turns up this week then i might bring it to the next SEkent Meet just for a change B)

Do you need any engine bits? I've a box of stuff in the loft. What size intake runners does it have 42 or 50mm? Perhaps you want a nice polished inlet to grace your engine?

I've had a few MK2 16V cars. One of the best drivers cars around. I was just thinking about mine this morning. 8 years on from selling the last one :(

Monza Blue? Lovely colour

Do you need any engine bits? I've a box of stuff in the loft. What size intake runners does it have 42 or 50mm? Perhaps you want a nice polished inlet to grace your engine?

I've had a few MK2 16V cars. One of the best drivers cars around. I was just thinking about mine this morning. 8 years on from selling the last one :(

Monza Blue? Lovely colour

what u got? its always handy to have bits! not sure on the intake runners how would be best to check? i know its the later 16v engine.

go on buy one as a weekend car! theres an 8v up for sale down here ;)

I think its monza blue but i dont know as cant find the paint code :)

• 1 month later...

IMG_0224.jpg

just a bit of an update, Coilovers went on and some wheels my mate had going for a good price.

Got some new crossmember and wishbones to polybush, new rear beam to get polyed aswell B)

Done 500 miles since i have got it on the road and the engine just gets better and better :thumbup:

2 problems happend both on the shifter mech but i think it ended up being a £25 fix bout 30 min of my time.