HELLO.....BMW to VRS

hi all,

i have been having a look at this forum for a while now. i have recently been contemplating buying a fabia VRS in replacement to my 2001 BMW 318CI. i am sure a want a VAG car and the skoda caught my eye as it has cheap insurance, cheap tax, good fuel economy and goes like stink!my only worry is that i have got used to my BMW refinements i.e full leather 6 disc changer etc etc and im struggling to keep on top of the fuel bill and parts if anything goes wrong. for my money im looking at about a 2003-2004 fabia. just want your views as to weather or not it would be a good move going for the Skoda over my current beemer. it seems to me that no one has ever looked back after owning one of these cars and i hope to possibly be one of them.

cheers

Sean.

Welcome to Briskoda, and remember all those little "extra's" may be on your next car if you are lucky , but if not can certainly be added later

Hi and welcome to the forum;

I recently swapped from a land rover freelander to a Roomster,the best purchase I have made in a long time, first class build quality,drives smoother and better than the land rover, fuel consumtion neary double that of the freelander, insurance £150 cheaper,more usefull boot space and VW relability.

Go for it!!!

Tony