Lowest fabia thread

Measured tonight, 57.6cm at the front, 57 at the back. I thought it was pretty low but after looking at the other yellow one above, mine probably looks like a bus, and still needs to come up more thanks to uneven roads, was scraping the splitter on a few bumps last night and speedhumps are a no-go :(

Im rolling hiiiigh. 58cm on the front and 60cm on the rear. Still looks lower than most of these others (fibbers :-P)

I have just had new tyres fitted and my old ones were bald so i suppose i did raise it by 7mm lol

• Like 1

Them tyres are only on the standard wheels because i still can`t find anyone to fit them on my Borbets!

They look a tad silly imo, needless to say tho you are lowest :rofl::thumbup:

i really cant be arsed to measure mine, i can post pics if anyone thinks they can guess it..... emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Go get a tape measure!

Measured tonight, 57.6cm at the front, 57 at the back. I thought it was pretty low but after looking at the other yellow one above, mine probably looks like a bus, and still needs to come up more thanks to uneven roads, was scraping the splitter on a few bumps last night and speedhumps are a no-go :(

Any pictures? I`m ok on most speed bumps except the little ones in the middle of the road if they are too small.

I've a very slight feeling I've posted in the wrong thread....

;)

:rofl: I think you might have

Matt

I did grab a pic, but I parked the car just off my driveway and it's too shaded due to a massive tree so you can't really see where the tyres/wheels/arches are:

UXpXG.jpg

edit - came out a lot better than I thought actually, it looked totally crap on my phone screen

Edited by gavinchappell

I did grab a pic, but I parked the car just off my driveway and it's too shaded due to a massive tree so you can't really see where the tyres/wheels/arches are:

edit - came out a lot better than I thought actually, it looked totally crap on my phone screen

Try this; hopefully better. You're right, it's a crap picture! But now hopefully slightly less crap ;)

UXpXG.jpg

I intend to nip out later while it's sunny and try to get a better one, but ta! Also want to nip and have a look at the wishbone angle while it's parked reasonably flat, as if I'm going to raise it, I need to decide whether to raise it just a cm or so at the front for a little bit extra and do the rear to match, or whether to raise the front until the wishbones rest flat (however much that may be) for optimal handling...decisions, decisions!

Better picture of mine, should have said before that I don't actually know how much it's lowered, but the rear adjusters aren't fitted so it's as low as APs will go on the rear, and the front was obviously done to match (but now I have the rear seats back in which the previous owner didn't, so that's knocked the back down a touch):

Gaqst.jpg

Better picture of mine, should have said before that I don't actually know how much it's lowered, but the rear adjusters aren't fitted so it's as low as APs will go on the rear, and the front was obviously done to match (but now I have the rear seats back in which the previous owner didn't, so that's knocked the back down a touch):

Gaqst.jpg

what size wheels are those plus how much drop have you got dialled in on your coilovers.. also have you had to do anything mechanically to get it running that low? whats its like on a day to day basis?

The wheels are 16", as for the drop I dunno. As I said, the rears are right on the spring seats, the adjusters have been removed, so it's whatever the maximum drop is for APs minus about another 8-9mm. The fronts, I don't know how much is left to go. I haven't done anything mechanically, but the coilovers were fitted by the previous owner, so I'm not 100% sure.

Day to day I don't have any issues with rubbing driveshafts or anything like that, just speedbumps which are a pain (and there's too many of them). With the spare wheel out as it is now, I can get over speedbumps when I'm in the car on my own, but with anyone in the back, the metal bar across the middle of the car underneath scrapes like a good'un. Later this week I intend to get the front up to about 58.5cm or maybe even 59cm for a little bit of extra clearance, and the back done to match, that shouldn't affect the looks too much but hopefully will give me just enough extra to clear speedhumps, and I reckon that should put the wishbones almost exactly flat so the handling should be top notch as well.

ok i didn't think 16s would look so dinky.. id been looking at 15s and have been warned of them because them render my little fabia pretty much unusable. so im back on the hunt for a 16s even though i didn't want 16s in the first place because the tyre size annoys me! :rofl:

I wouldn't say they look dinky, I actually quite like them on the Fabia, but I think it helps that they're black somehow. If they were silver, I think I'd probably want 17"s like on my old Leon, they looked a bit lost on the bigger Leon but would look good on a Fab IMO. Can't say the tyre size has annoyed me, but I haven't tried to buy any yet. So far the only annoyance is the fact the front are 205/45 and the back are 215/40, which actually accounts for the 6mm difference in ride height I noticed earlier. Will have to remember to leave that 6mm in play when I adjust the height so that when I replace the rear tyres for the proper size, it rides level :)

ok i didn't think 16s would look so dinky.. id been looking at 15s and have been warned of them because them render my little fabia pretty much unusable. so im back on the hunt for a 16s even though i didn't want 16s in the first place because the tyre size annoys me! :rofl:

theres nothing wrong with 15"s the handling and comforts awesome with them on

theres nothing wrong with 15"s the handling and comforts awesome with them on

and I suppose here lies the problem with the briskoda forum.. someone else told me 15s would destroy the sump once I had a nice amount of drop dialled in... and I've seen youve ran those 15" red steelies. haha.

Wheel size shouldn't affect the ride height too much though, as you should adjust the profile of the tyres to suit. A common mod on Leons is to fit the 18" LCR wheels to a standard Cupra, but you'd also go from 225/45/17 tyres to 225/40/18 so the actual ride height is affected by less than 2mm, it's just that when you look at the side of the car there's more wheel and less tyre to look at.

As I said, due to being different sizes, my rear tyres are affecting my rear ride height by about 6mm, so I wouldn't say that's the difference between "fine" and "destroyed sump", if 6mm lower causes you to trash a sump then you must have been scraping a fair bit already IMO...