These Octavia things aint half bad eh?!

Well after almost two months the Octavia finally came out of hibernation today - and boy was I pleased to get behind the wheel again! I've been driving the Mrs' 2000 Ka for the last 7 weeks or so. That has it's quirks for sure and it's a little nippy, in fact I've become quite attached to it. However, the second I got back behind the wheel of the Octy today I felt as though I'd come back home. As soon as I saw a little room in the traffic I put my foot down and by god I was blown away - I'd forgotten just how good the performance was! I drove it around all day and thoroughly enjoyed it! I've got some driving to do in it this week and I'm looking forward to that. But then it'll be heading back into the garage for a while again and the next time it comes out maybe because I've decided to sell. I hope it doesn't come to that but needs must. If the car has to go I'm sure going to miss it!!

Damn I hope you dont have to sell it, i have an 8 month old TDi VRS and i think i would cry if i had to sell it, But if its financial then life goes on. Good luck m8

Hope you don't have to sell it, but I know where you are coming from. Miss mine, but the world keeps turning, and we just have to do what we have to do.

Can't say the last months in the civic have been "nippy", but they have been cheap! :rofl:

Fingers crossed for you :yes:

The Mrs is on L plates so we bought her a Ka for £500 and its somewhat cheaper to run. I can park it on the road and not have to worry about it too whilst my car lives 10mins away snug in the garage going nowhere. It's just easier and cheaper for me to use her car. I don't really need a car that much but I love having it! The problem is the cost of running it! I'm spending nearly £600 on it this month - not to mention the finance money too so that takes it up another few hundred - a lot of money for a car that doesn't go very far very often! But as I say, as soon as I got back behind the wheel today I fell back in love with it and remembered exactly what I'd been missing over the last few weeks!

Anyway I've bought to services and just renewed my Freedom subs for this year so I'm not planning on letting her go without a fight! :rofl:

I can relate to the feeling-after several months of short journeys or weekend motorway runs with missus & child onboard, I finally got the chance the other night to go for a two hour blast over the Dublin/Wicklow mountains on my own....(from Firhouse, over Sally Gap to Laragh, then over Wicklow Gap to Blessington, via Valleymount for anyone who knows the area!)

Fell in love all over again with the Octavia: empty roads, twilight and a few suspension mods....it was epic. :)

PS Anyone know of a sump guard for the Octy? :giggle: